Temporary Block↬ 23

Preview

❛ *sips trans tea* previews are underrated ❜

Kaminari didn't wake up until late the next day

"No point in getting up now," Kaminari said to himself, turning in his bed so he was facing the wall. It was hard to explain what he was feeling; all he knew was that he was tired and unmotivated to do anything.

The blonde closed his eyes, snuggling his face into the pillow — imagining being in his boyfriend's arms — when a knocking cane from the front door. Of course.

Kaminari stayed quiet, pretending to not be home as the knocking grew louder.

"Denki? I know you're in there!"

It was Todoroki. He sounded worried.

'You should probably get the door,' Kaminari thought to himself. He thought about doing so, but didn't want to. 'He has an extra key.'

Kaminari continued to try to get back to sleep, trying to ignore the loud knocking.

The blonde waited until the knocking stopped. Then there was the sound of keys and then;

"Denki, I know you're home! You better not still be asleep."

Kaminari pulled the blanket closer to his face, groaning out a little.

He heard footsteps approaching until they stopped. Kaminari assumes Todoroki had left but he was wrong — oh, so very wrong.

The blonde shuddered when he felt the blanket fly off him, the cold air hitting against his naked arms and legs.

"Get up," Todoroki said in a monotone. "It's already noon."

Kaminari groaned out, shifting onto his stomach. "I can't."

"Why's that?" Todoroki asked, sounding a little more annoyed than usual.

"Just can't," Kaminari explained, tugging another blanket off the floor and wrapped himself in it.

Kaminari heard no response but knew Todoroki was still in the room — judging by the sudden weight on the edge of the bed.

"Denki, did something happen at work? You know I can't help you if you don't tell me." Todoroki spoke softly, almost cautiously. "I get it if you don't want to talk about it, but I'm worried about you. I could tell yesterday something was up because usually you can barely keep your mouth shut."

"I said I'm fine," Kaminari mumbled, refusing to look at his boyfriend. "Nothing happened."

"Then why are you acting so different lately? It wasn't just yesterday either, you've been acting different since last week."

"And what?" Kaminari asked, sitting up. "You think I'm always talkative and happy all the time?"

Kaminari so desperately wanted to stop talking, but he couldn't; the words were just slipping out of his mouth before he could process them.

"What? After dating for six months you're meant to know everything about me?"

"Denki, you know that's not what I meant," Todoroki said, sounding a little hurt. "I just noticed you've been upset lately-"

"Okay, so I'm not allowed to be upset?" Kaminari shot back. "I get it now. It's all so fucking clear."

"No it's not like that,-" Todoroki tried to speak, but the blonde cut him off.

"I get it, you don't actually care do you? I'm just something to use for sex aren't I? And when suddenly I'm feeling down you think it has something to with work?" Kaminari hissed, clenching his fist.

"Denki, you've got it all-"

"No, you never actually cared. Nobody does. It only matters when I'm obviously sad, right?" — Kaminari begged himself to stop talking, but he couldn't control himself. "Because, heaven forbid the 'lucky-go-happy' Kaminari becomes sad. God, I wish I had never met you!"

There was a silence between them.

'What are you even doing?! Can't you just shut your stupid mouth for once?!' Kaminari yelled at himself, clenching his fists tighter.

"Listen," Todoroki finally spoke, his voice sounding defeated. "I'm sorry if you think I don't care, because I fucking do." — He stood up off the bed. "So if leaving makes you — even the slightest bit — better, than I will. I'm sorry I wasn't able to show you how much I cared about you."

With that, Todoroki had left; left the room and Kaminari's life.

'You idiot! Follow him! Tell him it was all some sort of joke, just don't lose him.'

As much as Kaminari begged himself to get out of bed and run after Todoroki, he couldn't. Something was holding him back.

It was a voice in his head, telling him that this was a good thing. 'You won't burden anyone anymore. He can find someone better for himself than someone like you.'

Kaminari fell onto his back, his arms resting over his arms as light tears threatened his eyes.

"This is for the best," Kaminari told himself. "For Todoroki's sake."

I think I forgot to mention this chapter will be sad-