Temporary Block↬ 25

Preview

❛ this is gonna be the second last chapter- *chokes on tea* ❜

Beep

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound of a heart monitor echoed through Kaminari's ears, yet somehow never quite processed through his mind.

Drip drop. Drip drop. Drip drop.

The soft drops of the IV drip followed after every beep, almost as if perfectly planned to play a soft melody.

Beep. Drip drop. Beep. Drip drop. Beep. Drip drop.

A steady rhythm.

It reminded Kaminari of before, the night he'd first texted Tdoroki. Todoroki. Shouto. Kamianri wondered where he was.

'Where am I?' The blonde tried opening his eyes, but he stopped at the blinding light shining through his eyelashes. He tried moving his fingers, but stopped. He felt a warmth envelope his hand — he hadn't felt that a moment ago.

Beep. Drip drop. Beep. Drip drop. Beep. Drip drop.

The melody was getting more clear, accompanied by the faint singing of birds, the song to the rhythm.

Kaminari's mouth felt dry, although he wasn't thirsty. How did that even work?

Tweet. Beep. Drip drop. Tweet. Beep. Drip drop.

He wanted to move, but pain crawled up his arms. His mind was fuzzy and he couldn't remember how and why he was where he was.

He wanted to sleep, but at the same time, he was too tired to do so. How does that work?

Tweet. Beep. Drip drop. Tweet. Beep. Drip drop.

Kaminari heard something else. A door opening? Wait, he hand felt cold. Maybe that person left.

The blonde started to panic; he wanted that person to come back; to stay beside him. The dripping of the IV drip faded into the background along with the singing of birds, the unnerving sound of his heartbeat quickening. He wanted to get up and catch that person, hug them tight and not let go. To him, that person was the only one left. He didn't care who it was, he just wanted them back.

He wasn't going to let them leave like he did Todoroki.

The blonde forced his eyes open, wincing at the sudden light blinding him for a moment. A white ceiling.