Prologue

It was a destructive time

It was a destructive time. All countries of Earth were at war, each fighting for food, water and anything that would help them survive the Apocalypse. They all knew the world was ending. Millions of humans were caged up in their houses by military, the world was enclosed in darkness, and everything - including everyone - was dying. And there was nothing they could do about it.

That is, until one day, a light shone onto the dark surfaces of the Earth, an uplifting beam that seemed to shoot straight through the clouds of dark smoke and destruction. The citizens that remained called it the Ray of Hope. They all chorused in celebration, at the possibilities of being saved.

But that is not exactly what happened. Instead, the supernatural beings of the world - Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies, Dwarves, Witches, Demons, Angels and more - rose up. They gave the humans hope, yet crushed it at the same time. Because although these creatures were able to save the humans and their planet, it came with a price.

"We, the Magiks Council, will have complete control over Earth. We will govern it, cherish it, and appoint rulers of magiks blood to rule over your nations. In exchange, we decree that humans are beneath us. We could cast them down with our spells, we could tear them apart with our fangs, we could scare them senseless with our wits. But we're not going to. In exchange for our kindness, and our protection, these humans will know their place. Below us, the powerful magiks creatures!" Sedurion, one of the six in the Magiks Council, spoke out.

And so his decree lived on, for many more centuries. It seemed that everything was perfect; humans were able to go back to their lives on Earth and supernatural creatures were now able to roam freely without the fear of being seen. These years were known as the Ultimatum Age, a time of great industrial and magiks revolutions. The world was becoming more diverse than ever before, the supernatural beings introducing their own laws and ways of living. They produced higher quality medicine, machinery and gadgets.

And I would say they all lived in peace and harmony for the rest of their lives, but... That would be a downright lie, because nothing lasts forever. And as suddenly as the Ultimatum Age dawned, its era soon came to a close, introducing a whole new world for these starstruck humans. A world of discrimination, hatred, wars and famine, built up from the ground through corruption and lies.

It was only a matter of time until someone rose up from these ashes and started this planet anew again.

"To end the cycle of injustice so caused by these creatures, a phoenix with no supernatural power shall rise from the debris of our destruction. And this shall start the world anew, free from the tyranny of magiks blood."

For that was the prophecy told by the Magiks Council, before they went into hiding forever, never to be seen again, cowering away from this so-called Phoenix from the Ashes.