Cutie

Pairing: Rowan Whitethorn x reader
Warning: none
Note: this is a high school AU thing. I've always wanted to try this! This is mostly in Rowan's POV.
Requested by: no one

                                              Lockers slamming shut, chatter, footsteps, students going from one place to another. Yeah, this is another day at high school.

                                              Rowan sat behind his desk, letting his ridiculous teammates talk obnoxiously to the cheerleaders and trying to have sex with them later. Even though he was the leader of the ice-hockey team, he's never been much of a flirt or bad boy. He just loved playing ice-hockey and that's it.

                                              Though, there is one girl he's interested in. He watched her delicately flip to the next page of her packet, her h/c hair fell into her eyes and she pushed it back as she continued to work.

                                               Someone tossed a paper ball at her, it hit the side of her face and she didn't move to pick it up and read it. She's learned to ignore the popular kids.

                                              The bell rang, announcing that school was out for the day. Everyone flooded the hallways and cramming through the doors. Rowan waited for everyone to leave before getting up, he noticed that the girl was doing the same.

                                              He never knew what her name was, but he still liked her anyway. She was quiet, she got her work done, she got good grades, she wasn't a bad student, and she did gymnastics and soccer.

                                             "Rowan, are you alright?" His teacher asked him, shaking Rowan out of his thoughts.

                                              "Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine, just got lost in my thoughts," Rowan told his teacher, his teacher shook his head.

                                              "Best that you get going unless you want to miss your bus."

                                               He left the classroom, seeking the same girl out. He saw some cheerleaders bothering her. He moved to help her out but he ended up losing sight of the girl and the cheerleaders.

                                               "Hi," a soft voice said.

                                                His pine-green eyes met a pair of e/c eyes. He blinked once to make sure he wasn't dreaming and he wasn't.

                                                "Um, y-you're the boy from my science class, right?" She nervously said, cheeks and ears pink.

Cute.

                                                    "Yeah. Yeah, I'm that boy," Rowan replied, giving her a grin.

                                                     Rowan discovered the girl's name is Y/n L/n and that she's a sophomore making Rowan a year older than her. He also discovered why the cheerleaders were harassing her. The cheerleaders found it funny to harass her because she came from a low income family and is unable to afford most of the things most kids had.

                                                    Due to her gifts in gymnastics and soccer, she is still part of both teams and may possibly even get a full scholarship for college in the future.

                                                    "Well, I guess this is bye for now." Y/n softly said.

                                                     She stood in front of her bus's opened door with a soft smile on her face.

                                                      "I'll see you tomorrow then." Rowan said, she smiled at him again then got on the bus.

                                                        The bus pulled out of the parking lot and was off. Rowan tossed his bag in the back of his car and got in, starting the engine. He sighed and leaned against his seat, smiling. He may just have found his first ever crush on a girl.