Hangovers and Stayovers

Thea 4th date

  I heard my alarm go off and I groaned in pain from my head, last night was not good. I turned my alarm off and slowly got up, I was still in the last nights clothing. I got up and went to take a warm shower and change into my uniform, some memories from the night before flooded through my mind, me and Mae drinking, and me dancing with some guy, but after that my mind was blank. I'm sure Harris will let me remember everything and mostly yell at me. So today my mission is to recover from my hangover and to avoid the snobby Prince.

  I made my way down to the kitchen and sure enough the staff was all talking and noises were being made, that made me groan in annoyance. I started my work helping prepare the dining room for a formal event happening tonight for the King and Queen. The formal room had to be perfect and up to the Queen standards, I know she wanted this event to go smoothly. After finishing my shift I went to go check on the formal dining room, before I went back to my quarters to sleep the rest of my hangover off. The dining room looked gorgeous in my opinion, the colors of our country flag nicely decked the tables. I started to make my way away from the dining room when I heard him and of course to make matters worse he yelled my name loudly. "So Thea, please explain to me what happened last night?" I looked up to meet his stern blue eyes, I could tell this was no time to lie. "I just had some fun and didn't know that I had too much alcohol." It's part truth, I hadn't planned on getting drunk "You're not even of age to drink?" I smiled, hoping it would lighten the mood, "Like anyone follows the rules, when you were my age, you were doing far worse things than me." Harris looked down at the floor "It's different." silence was what was heard "It's that I still think of you as some younger kid, I have to look out for." I started walking away from Harris and towards the door "That's all you have ever seen me as" and I walked away from him. 

  I made my way to the orphanage to go and waste the rest of the day with the kids, when I walked through the door, I knew it was nap time for most of the children so I went to go look for Maggie, she's been running the orphanage since I was a little girl and I considered her the mother I never had. I found Maggie in the living spaces knitting something. "Dorthea come and sit, " she ordered me when she saw me, Maggie was always tough with me when growing up. I was one of the oldest kids when I lived here so I always did my best to be a helping hand. I went and sat on one of the stools by Maggie, she was knitting some beanies for the babies. Maggie handed me a needle and string so I could make some beanies. "Dorthea, why do you look so blue?" With Maggie there was never hiding anything from her, she knew me. Growing up, she knew that I would go out and surround myself with the bad crowd while in school, "We went out last night to a club" I mumbled, while I set up my string to make a beanie "And that led to me drinking and getting drunk, and that led to me doing some things that were not so good." Maggie kept working, while I slowly started making a beanie. "Dorthea you know I'm always here for you, but you know when you drink and party, you become someone else, but I know you're smart and always come out a bigger person." I turned and looked at her and smiled, but didn't want to continue the conversation about last night. "So, tell me Dorthea why is there gossip about you and the Prince, and that you two have been dating secretly for a month." I didn't think anyone besides Harris friends and his parents knew since it hasn't even been a week of fake dating, "You know the castle staff well enough to gossip about it, my Thea." That was correct everyone who worked in the castle there thrive off of gossip. I paused my work on a beanie "It's a fake relationship you know, it's just to get him out of trouble." Maggie stopped her work and turned to look at me, "Dorthea you know you're playing with your heart and I don't want to see you get hurt, because someone will get hurt in this game you're both playing I can guarantee ." Even if I didn't know how I felt Maggie knew, what would happen.

  Me and Maggie decided to start dinner for the kids, a lot of the kids I was close to were at school during this time, so it was just the young kids at this hour and they were down for their naps. The conversation that me and Maggie had before was still on my mind, I didn't know how someone would get hurt in this deal between Harris and me. A knock on the door made me and Maggie looks at each other, "I'll get it Maggie." I walked over to the door and opened it to be greeted by Harris. I folded my arms and looked at Harris he was wearing some jeans and a black shirt, his brown hair was sort of messed up from the wind outside. Neither me or Harris spoke we both just stared at each other, until Maggie interrupted us. "Your highness, it's our pleasure to have you here what can we help you with?" Harris turned from looking at me to Maggie "I was just wondering if I could talk to Thea?" Maggie walked closer to me and put her hand on my shoulder, "Of course she can, thanks for the help Thea, but it seems you are needed elsewhere."

   I was walking ahead of Harris I had nothing I really wanted to say to him after are talking earlier. " Where are we going?" I just ignored him and continued walking to the one spot I deal with my emotions, the tree I dedicated to my parents. After walking for about ten minutes or so we arrived by my spot, the tree was up on a hill and it was a hidden spot with a lovely view of the city. "Why did you bring us here Thea?" Harris looked at me in annoyance, I pointed for him to turn around so he could see the view of the city. "It's a beautiful view." Harris said in awe as he sat down on the grass with me. "What is it you wanted to talk about Harris?" I didn't bother to look at Harris I just looked at the view, "It's about earlier, we need to talk about are past together."