Saying Sorry and Being Bossy

Harris

  After what happen between me and Thea this morning I knew we had to have a serious talk. This was a long time coming and I was hoping that things can be sort of mended between the two us if we had this discussion. Thea led me to a tree up on the hill, at first I was a little frustrated having her lead me somewhere I didn't know, but once I saw the view I understood why, it was the view of the city. Thea was seated Against the tree not paying any attention to me "We need to have a talk about the past between us." I said, looking at Thea, she turned and looked at me. "Ok, what about?" I don't think she remembered what she said when she was drunk, I took a deep breath and turned away from her to look at the view "Do you even know what happen last night after we left the club?" The wind was blowing and Thea had some loose hair blowing in the wind, but her voice was void of any emotion, "Do you remember anything when you're drunk?" I could tell she was being sarcastic with this answer, and I had to try and figure out a way to make her open up to me.

  It had been awkward the silence and I was trying to gather my thoughts on how to process in trying to talk to her. "So tonight you know about the formal meeting between the counsel of Sikkovia with my parents?" Thea nodded her head as I'm pretty sure the whole castle knew about it "Will you come with me tonight, please as support?" I always hated formal events that my parents made me tag along with when I was younger, but now I just get bored. Thea let out a humorless laugh and turned to glare at me "I don't really have a choice do I, we have to keep the act up." I didn't want her to feel like I'm forcing her, in fact, she didn't even have to go, I just wanted her by my side so at least she could entertain me. I put a hand through my hair no other woman was so complicated as she was towards me, "No, you don't even have to go I just wanted you to come so I have some company." Again it was the awkward silence between us we both didn't say anything. She nodded her head "I'll go." I got her to agree with me, maybe we could act civilly between the two of us. I started to get up I had to go visit my dad and I had to call Mae to help Thea get ready, "Don't worry, I'll have Mae come and help you get ready." And with that before she could say anything I jogged off.

 Mae agreed to help Thea get ready for the night so she could fit in with the upper class snobs, who I was sure would be here tonight at the dinner. But now I was stuck with my father discussing  the course of discussions tonight, it was all boring, but it was an important matter between the two kingdoms.  The relationship between this kingdom and Sikkovia has always been rough, they had a horrible King that brought their country into ruin, but of course my father bailed them out for whatever reason. It had been over an hour of us discussing important topics when my mother walked in, "Guys, you need to be getting ready you can't keep stressing over the small details." My father walked to my mother and leaned down to give her a kiss, they are the overly affectionate type couple, "I asked Thea to come to the dinner with me, I hope you guys don't mind." My parents both turned their attention back to me, "Of course, it's more than fine, how serious are you two?" There it goes my mother trying to get the scoop out of me and my love life. "Deer don't pester our son about his love life." My father said as he walked out with my mom following.

 I  just finished tying my tie when I heard a knock on my door. I went to go open it and in walked Mae, and Thea was behind her. I will give Mae credit that she did a good job with helping Thea, she was wearing a light purple dress that hugged her small frame, her makeup was not too much and her usual curled hair was in an updo. I heard a loud cough and looked in the direction of Mae, "So how does she look?" I nodded my head not knowing how to respond in this situation "Thea looks nice." And that earned me a glare from Mae "She looks nice! That's it, by the way you were staring at her I thought you would say something else." I looked at Thea again and she was laughing and so was Mae "Wait, what's so funny?" This caused the both of them to crack up even more, "You know what Mae just go I don't know what you two have planned." But before she left I heard her say "You know you love me!"

  Thea sat down at my desk while I made sure everything was fine with my outfit, "So how do I look?" I turned to face Thea, she was not amused that she had to wait for me for an extra ten minutes, she got up and walked closely to me "Just one thing." She leaned closer and fixed my tie, I looked at her face and she smiled back at me, but then it was over. "Ok, everything is fine, let's just go!" With that, I wrapped my arm around Theas arm so we could make a grand entrance, but something felt different this time with Thea.