Mistakes

Harris

Last night was a mistake, we went too far. We crossed the line, in all honesty, I don't who was to blame. But, it doesn't matter, what matters is me and Thea need to talk about this, Dammit I slept with her. How could a horror movie have turned me on. Right now I was laying in bed, Thea was wrapped around my arm sleeping, I needed to get up and do my work, but she looked so peaceful and beautiful. I didn't want to wake her up, and if I moved she would wake up. After about ten minutes or so of lying in bed thinking about last night Thea started to stir. She rolled over and open her eyes, her deep green eyes made contact with me .We both got up and dressed and didn't say anything there was some sort of Awkwardness between us. I mean we slept together me and Thea, damn it! Why the hell did we do this we were both so stupid and we weren't even drunk. I just finished putting on my shoes when Thea came out in her uniform, "We need to talk about last night." She nodded her head, we both waited to see who was going to be the first one to  say anything. "Last night was a mistake." When I said those words I could see hurt flash across her face, but she nodded her head. "Lets just move on and pretend it didn't happen, keep our relationship as it was."I said, I looked at her face and saw a faint smile "Of course Harris."

After that was done, I made my way to my office to plan for some charity events and outing for the kingdom to get to know Beth. Speaking of the devil the door knocked and Beth made herself comfortable in the chairs across from the desk. "So some of my sources told me you did the walk of shame leaving that stupid servants room." That caught my attention, I looked up and glance at Beth. "There's no trying to hide it, I have my proof. I got up from my chair and walked towards the window running a hand through my hair, "And what is it you want from me Lady Beth. " She laughed, giving one of her nasally laughs that irritated me. "Stay away from her or I'll ruin her, that letter you gave her has some important details that could easily get her killed, if I wanted to." I had no clue what she meant by that statement, but before I had a chance to ask Beth she was gone.I found myself wandering for my mother I needed her to tell me what the letter Thea received said, I don't know now with what happened between me and Thea, she would tell me, and knowing Thea she wouldn't want me to know probably.

My mom was in the library reading a book when I found her, when she saw me she got up and gave me a hug. "You've been busy my son." I nodded my head "With Lady Beth everything has been different, but I wanted to ask you a question." My mom went back to her seat and I sat down next to her. "What did the letter from Thea's parents say and how did you have access to it." She nodded her head, "Well it's not my place to say, but me and your father knew her parents, that letter came from her mother and even I don't know what it says." She placed her hand on my shoulder "The only way to really find out what it said is to ask Thea."I wanted to know what the letter said, Lady Beth said Thea could be in danger, I needed to talk to her. But for some reason I wondered if she knew she was in danger and didn't want to tell me.

When I found Thea, she was walking to her room, I didn't want anyone to see us together just to be safe. I waited until she was in her room and knocked and when she opened the door, I barged in not even caring if I was invited in. "Why don't you just come in and make yourself at home Harris." She said while turning to face me, "Thea the night I gave you the letter from your mom what did it say?" I just wanted to rush to the point so we could just get this over with. Looking at her face I saw many emotions pass; anger, sadness, but most of the emotion was sadness. She went and sat at her desk, while she was silent for a few moments. "Nothing important really, just a sob story of why she couldn't care for me." I looked at her I could see she was a little angry about the letter her mom left her "How did my mother get a hold of the letter, she said she knew your parents?" She looked at the floor, "Your guess is better than mind, it didn't say how."

I didn't want to pressure Thea too much about the letter. Instead we got back into the routine of last night watching another scary movie. "This movie is actually funny, because all the effects are so bad." I told her, she was watching the movie so intently that she didn't notice I even spoke. I just looked at her, when growing up, she was just some annoying girl who was younger than me, I looked at her as some sort of girl who could be my sister. But now when I looked at her I saw a beautiful girl. I don't think she knew how beautiful she was, the night at the club I was too blind to see, but she had all the guys attention; except mine. But, now she had all my attention, but I didn't have hers. She turned and looked at me and smiled "You enjoying the movie?" I nodded my head, and all my attention went back to the movie.