No One

Harris

  Thea walked away from me barely listening to me. No one has ever disrespected me like this before, she didn't even listen to me. She doesn't even know that stable boy or anything about him. It bothers me that she chose him over me in a way. I didn't know why I was so upset about this, but I knew where she would be and this conversation was barely the beginning of it.

By the time I reached the spot at the tree where Thea always came, she wasn't there. I guess I was wrong about where she would be, but I was so sure she would be here, the one place she always came, she should be here. I sat down after making the walk to this place, I might as well enjoy it. After a few minutes of just sitting I heard a noise, I looked behind me to see Thea. We both made eye contact, but we both didn't say anything. She came and sat beside me, she pulled her legs towards her chest, and put her head on top of her knees. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier." I knew before we had a chance to settle things I would have to be the one to say sorry. She didn't seem to acknowledge me. "Thea, why aren't you talking to me?" Before I wouldn't of cared if she was silent towards me, but now I do for some damn reason. Thea lifted her head and turned to look at me. "Are you really serious right now?"

  I have always been bad with emotions towards women and with Thea right now I didn't know what was wrong. "You let some girl yell at me and Jonah!" This is what it's about someone yelling at her and Jonah, "That's why your mad, what did you expect me to do?" I've never seen Thea so pissed before, even when I sabotaged her to get into trouble at work or even when someone yelled at her for doing something wrong. We both were staring at each other "I've helped you, so do me a favor; don't let her become Queen of this country, I don't like her." I was angry when I asked her for her opinion to pick out a girl I didn't want her to do it for her own selfish reasons, when I brought up Jonah to her she was upset, but how is it different for me when she asks me to get rid of Beth.

"How do you know I don't like her?" It could be true, Beth is gorgeous she has the face and body of a model, but the brain as dumb as a rock. Thea looked at me stunned "You don't actually like her do you?" An emotion flashed across her face that I didn't recognize, "I don't know, honestly, she's gorgeous any guy would be lucky to have her." I paused and looked at Thea before continuing, "Just give her one chance we can all meet for lunch sometime tomorrow and get to know her, I meant what I said when I said I wanted your help and opinions on who I wed." she nodded her head and gave a smile to me before leaning in to give me a hug, this was unexpected even when we fake dated she never intentionally tried to get close to me. But, for some reason this form of contact seemed normal between the two of us.

  I had been in my room getting ready for bed since I had a busy day tomorrow at the orphanage by volunteering and making up for the one time I missed, then I had planned a nice dinner with Thea and Beth so Thea could get a better impression about Beth. I heard a knock on my door and made my way over to see who it was, when I open the door, I was greeted by my mother usually she never came and visited me late at night. "Harris we need to have a talk about something." We made our way towards my sitting area and I sat next to my mother on the couch. "Are you sure you want to continue towards marrying someone you barely know?" I nodded my head it was needed by me for my people, "Mom you know it's the right thing to do, sometimes the job is more important than our happiness." My mom was silent and so was I, I looked at my mother she seemed stressed and seem to be worrying more these days. "I just want you to be happy and find someone you love." I notice a tear staining her cheek, "Mom, I promise I'll find someone who I love and who you will love also as your own daughter. She reached into her pocket and pulled out an envelope.

 "If your father knew what I was doing, he would be so upset at me." She handed me an envelope and I saw my mothers writing on the envelope with the name Dorthea, this was for Thea. "What do you want me to do with this?" She smiled and got up from the couch, "When the time is right give this to Thea and promise me you'll be there when she reads it." I nodded my head and walked my mother towards the door, before she gave me a kiss on the cheek. Now the one thing was when will I know the right time to give this letter to Thea?