Lying and Crying

Harris

It was the night of the ball and I was currently getting ready, this is going to be a big event. Basically, it includes presenting Lady Beth as my fiancée, extended family would be present and so would some other important people. Growing up when I had to be present I would spend my time sneaking some drinks, and then running off with some girl. Sadly, now I had to be more present and stay with Lady Beth playing a fake role.

The time came me and Beth made our grand entranced, we made are rounds to some people with we needed to greet. Beth played the perfect role as a doting fiancée, to the people at the ball; she was of an upper class family and a Lady she was well received to these people. After some rounds meeting the guests me and Beth, walked towards my parents. They were talking to Beth parents and seemed to be having a good time. "Look at the wonderful couple, we should make a toast to love." Beth's dad said. The server walked over and handed us each a glass of champagne and we all clinked our glasses together.

Beth and her family walked off going to see some of their friends from Sikkkovia. I turned and look at my parents. "How long do I need to stay here tonight?" Being honest, I just wanted to leave this event, I hated this. "It hasn't even been an hour yet son." It was my father who said, while he patted me on the shoulder. My mom smiled "Maybe you should go and have a talk at the balcony with your son." My mother said with her usual smile. My father nodded his head and I followed his lead so we can go and have a private talk.

We ended up going to an area that was restricted with some of the palace guards, so no one could come to this area. We went and stood by the balcony overlooking the gardens. "Your mother tells me you're not happy with Lady Beth, is that true, son?" I nodded my head, I had to be selfless in my answer. It wasn't about me anymore. "I like Beth she will make a great Queen one day." My father turned and looked at me, "That's what I'm afraid about. Your just marrying her so she can be a great Queen, but what of a companion?" It was silent for a few moments. "Your mother always hoped you would end up with Thea." Now it was my turn to ask a question. "Why would she think that?" I looked at the sky waiting for my response. "Well, she always had a soft spot for Thea you know. I know that since your mom gave you the letter you know the truth about Thea I'm sure she told you, but your mom always thought of her as an extended daugther. Her own parents sentenced her to a life of servitude to end the war. King Johnathan and Queen Pearl were horrible to her. I never understood how they could give away their youngest child." I was stunned and confused about what my father had just said. Thea's parents were the King and Queen of Sikkovia, that meant she was a Princess. My father turned and looked at me and I guess he saw the surprised look on my face, but it didn't matter I was going to get the answers from her.

When I approached her room, I waited for my response, when she opened the door all I saw was rage. It kept repeating in my head, how could she lie to me. I walked right past her waiting for her to close the door to her room, "Why did you lie to me?" She just looked at like she was confused about why I was questioning her, "I asked you about the letter and how my parents knew your parents and you said you didn't know." She was silent for a few moments, but my rage continued before she could even begin to explain, "But for some damn reason you didn't tell me that your parents were a King and Queen, and more so that you are from Sikkovia descent." Looking at Thea I realized she didn't get it, and with this answer it made me upset "It doesn't matter or change anything Harris between us." She said in a matter of fact tone, it doesn't matter, of course it does. "Yes, it does Thea it really does." I don't know how she could remain so calm about this, she gave me a laugh and a smile "How Harris, you don't know everything about what the letter said, it doesn't change anything at all, all it does is tell me why I was unwanted." She avoided using any emotions she just laughed, I couldn't tell how she felt, but with this statement I knew she was upset at me "It's always about you isn't it. This has nothing to do about me lying to you."

I kept replaying the events as I left her room, "Just get out of my room, I don't want to see you again." I didn't know how she could say that, I thought she was always there for me, and I would of been there for her if she told me about the letter. Everything now was so fucked up, I didn't want to admit it, but I needed Thea and her not telling me about a big secret made it clear she didn't want me so involved in her life. I had to let her go, and I knew it was time, because the longer I spent time with Thea, I knew I loved her and wanted her all to myself. I guess she just didn't feel the same way.