My Time

Harris

Admitting the truth to myself was difficult I tried to make my emotions voided on this whole outlook, but talking to my mom about my feelings was something I didn't do, but yet here I am. "It was supposed to be fake, a stupid trade off." My mother placed her hand on my shoulder, "Harris we want you too be happy and clearly you're not." It's not like anything will change, Thea was still pissed at me and we've been avoiding each other since our argument, "It doesn't matter does it really, this is what got me into this whole situation with Thea in the first place." And there it was the look my mother gave me when growing up when I was in trouble, "So your just going to let Thea go and marry some stable boy?"

"What do you mean marry a stable boy? Are they engaged?" My mind was seething with anger, her marrying that stupid stable boy, " I mean that's what I've been hearing around the castle." My mother said almost smiling, "I mean it's best that Thea has found someone and is happy." I needed to go, " I need to be somewhere mom." I gave her a hug and headed towards the person I needed to see to end this for once and for all.

When Lady Beth answered the door, I asked her to come and walk with me. I'm sure the council will be upset, but I couldn't go through with this marriage. "So what is it you wanted to talk about sweetie?" Man this was going to be difficult, "This relationship we have is over." It was an awkward silence and she laughed, "I'm not going to let this happen Harris, everything is already set and a marriage has been announced." I looked at Beth she was sort of upsetting me. "An engagement can be broken and I will announce it by the end of the day." Beth was mad, "Your going to go after that maid, she is nothing and will always be nothing." She was wrong she didn't know anything about Thea, "I told you to stay away from her I'll make sure my previous threat will come true, because I'm sure more people will want to end a descendant of King Jonathan and Queen Pearl." I didn't even care, no one would harm Thea under my watch. I didn't even care what the council would think about combining the two kingdoms anymore.

Once Beth stormed off I went and looked for Thea, I found her in the kitchen all by herself. She didn't see me and was too busy wiping down the counters. Finally when she turned around, she saw me, but ignored me. "How long are you going to be mad at me?" Still I was being met with the silent treatment. "I'm sorry Thea, I was being selfish that night I'm sorry." She just continued her work and still kept ignoring me. I started walking towards her and grabbed her hand so we were both facing each other. She tried avoiding making eye contact with me, but I lifted her chin up so she was facing me. That's when I pressed my lips against hers and she wrapped her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss. When we broke the kiss, she looked at me with a smile "I'm still mad at you Harris."

Me and Thea went for a walk around the garden she had her arm hooked around mine, we soon sat on a bench by the fountain. "I broke my engagement with Lady Beth, I'm going to announce it later in the evening. She nodded her head "What made you want to end your engagement all of a sudden." I turned away and looked at the fountain, "I heard you were engaged to that stable boy and it made me very upset, because I didn't want the girl I love with some other boy." That's when she laughed "Did Harris just tell a girl he loves her?" I didn't even realize I said the four letter word; LOVE. I never said that word to any other girl, but I knew I meant what I said to Thea. "Your blushing Harris." I turned and looked at Thea and then kissed her again, "Don't worry Harris I love you to." Now hopefully everything falls into place.