Club of Meanies

Thea

  I was upset, the Queen had made me listen to the conversation she had with her son, he wouldn't marry me even if he had to choose between some stranger. Just like that I knew he would always consider me as a child to him, someone who was too young and couldn't keep him interested. I made it my mission to avoid Harris no matter how much I helped him out, he was never there for me I needed to let him go. I didn't know why I felt so hurt about this, before he just ignored me or pestered me into doing extra work, because of who he was. But, something always reminded me of the old Harris the one that was in my earliest memories from growing up, the one I always looked up to. Though the times have changed and I needed to realize that there was no Harris I remembered now. There was only one thing I could do and that was to sever ties with Harris, if only it would be easy, because he always held a special place in my heart.

  I was beyond the level of pissed, me and Jonah had met up and had a good night, but it ended on a sour note. The Prince and his evil date walked the gardens and we accidentally met in the same place, that girl was evil more like a classic rich bitch. What sucks is that Harris let this girl abuse his power, she had power in Sikkovia, but not here and not over me. On the other hand Prince Harris did, and he was accompanied by this girl, and not once did he stand up for me or even Jonah. Being of lower status I was forced  to tolerate the scolding we had received from this girl and I was used to that, but knowing that after all I did for Harris and he didn't try and stand up for me upset me. I avoided making contact with the girl and Harris, I couldn't stand him, this was the real him and I was oblivious to that before. Right now I was walking with Jonah back to my room after our night together, it was good overall and I could see him being a good friend, but nothing more. When we got to my door Jonah smiled to me, "Maybe we can do this another night?" I had just opened my door and turned to look back at Jonah and gave a smile, "I would like that very much." I said, and with that I gave an awkward hug to Jonah and then I watched him walk away.

   I've mostly kept my days busy with work and helping out with the kids, I knew the best route for getting back into my original routine was to go back to how it was before me and Harris started our fake relationship. This wasn't easy the staff in the kitchen spoke bad about me or gossiped about me, I was always subjected to most of the work due to my status of being associated with the royal family. I was an easy target, but I knew I had to become accustomed to this, all the gossip in the castle was associated with the royal family and about the alliance between the two kingdoms and why it was needed.  Me and Jonah has been hanging out any chance we have and I knew he would be a good friend, but that's it just a good friend. I was the last person in the kitchen doing my my work before I saw him.

  "What do you want now?, I had no trouble hiding my emotions at the moments from him. It had been about three days since I had seen him. I still didn't want to see him, if anything, it made me want to avoid him more. The kingdom of Sikkovia was planning a marriage to unite the kingdom, but of course the kingdom didn't have a choice of the Queen to help unite their country, and for one that girl has been just a basic bitch. I couldn't stand her, and I couldn't stand why he would be going out with that girl and giving her a chance. He just looked at me with his arms crossed over his chest, we both fell into a silence and staring at each other intently. "I don't like him." I avoided making eye and just stared at the floor, "I don't know who you're talking about." Silence was evident, me and him refusing to talk. "I don't like that stable boy, I don't trust him." This made me laugh at what he was saying, honestly thinking he had a say in my life and who I have contact with. "And who's to say I care what you think?" The silence was evident between the two of us. "I don't like the stable boy and I want you to not be associated with him." That was the last straw to think he had this power over my life and who I choose to be friends with was beyond my breaking point. "Who says you have anything to say in my life." With that, I turned and walked away listening to my name being called, by him.