The Beginning

16 years ago.........

"Your royal highnesses presenting the King And Queen of Sikkovia Johnathan and Pearl" I looked down at the King and Queen of our rival country, " What have you come for?" Looking into the eyes of the cruel king who have killed my people in battle made me sick, King Johnathan stepped forward " I want to end the war my country cannot handle it any longer, we cannot survive this." I laughed at this I've known this for long, there leadership was known for their cruelty to their people. I looked at the pregnant Queen and her husband finally admitting their defeat. I looked at my loving spouse, we always made our agreements together. My love nodded their head, I knew we were in agreement, we always wanted peace between the kingdoms. " How do I not know if this is a ploy?" I watched as the King and Queen exchanged glances at each other, Queen Pearl stepped forward silencing her husband " We will give you one of our daughters to be married to your son,the Prince Harrold." I nodded my head, thinking of my son, I will not force a marriage that is loveless, I wanted my son to experience what I have ,a loving spouse. " I will not force my son upon a marriage that is unwanted, so I decline your offer." I stated, the Queen and the King exchanged glances at each other. "Take this child, you may use her as a maid or whatever purpose, eight girls are enough for us, and you can promise we won't ever let this get out" I looked at the king and Queen and knew my answer, or should I say me and my loves' answer, that child was not wanted or ever going to be loved by these cruel parents. I stepped off my throne " We will accept this offer to unite our kingdom, through a royal bloodline to the Sikkovia throne."

Queen Pearl has stayed behind as we waited for the birth of the child and on that day we would announce the agreement to the kingdoms of a treaty, for peace, but it would be agreed upon the child would remain a secret. I was in my office when one of my staff came to me and announced the birth of the child. Me and my spouse went to visit Queen Pearl, we knocked on the door, we saw the Queen packing her bags "We know how difficult this must be for you, your Highness." The Queen stopped packing her bag and looked up at us " On the contrary, it is quite easy, this child was  a mistake from the beginning. I wrote this letter for her to open when it is time for her to know the truth" and with that she left with her staff not even bothering to take another glance at her child or naming it.

We brought our son Harris down to meet the little girl he was soon turning six and loved babies, he always wanted a younger sibling. "Mommy, it's so cute!" He shrieked, I turned to my wife and saw her laugh " Little boy she's not an it, she's a baby." I saw Harris reach for the baby hand " What's her name?" I looked at my son as he staring into the eyes of the baby " Well, why don't you help us name her?" I asked looking at my Queen, my wife smiled at me and Harris nodded his head. We saw the wheels turning inside his head as he thought of a name, " I know what about Dorthea Eleanor after Grandma, but we call her Thea." I saw my wife wipe a tear off her cheek " Mommy, if it makes you sad we don't have to." Harris was always such a momma's boy, but my wife nodded her head "No, it's perfect we will call her Thea, but Harris you must always watch out for little Thea." He nodded his head while my wife and son looked at Thea, and the image of my son, wife and baby Thea was a perfect image of love.

We could not raise Thea as our daughter as she was not considered royal in our kingdom, but we made sure we could still keep an eye on her. Even with the peace treaty our people still resented the Sikkovia royals. Even with this agreement, King Johnathan was still resentful of having to end the war, we worked with the Sikkovia people to help them rebuild their lands and there food supply from the war. King Johnathan knew he wouldn't rule much longer, the people were starting an uprising they wanted to become a part of my kingdom. There was nothing to stop the uprising of the people, soon the King and Queen of Sikkovia were killed and so were their daughters. With no continuation of the bloodline as everyone assumed they were dead, no one suspected Dorthea to continue the bloodline and one day the chance to rule.