Music Hues

Thea

Last night was a close call, we almost kissed, but then we both pulled away. I'm pretty sure he pulled away, because it was me, he would never want to kiss me. When I woke up, he was gone, I started to get ready for the day. Walking towards the kitchen I heard of the gossip of a ball happening for the upper class people, I guess it would give the people time to mingle with Harris and Lady Beth. I kept to myself just letting work pass, when my shift was over. I decided to go and visit the orphanage, I haven't been there since Harris gave me the letter. I didn't want anyone to know about it, I wanted everything to remain the same, I didn't need anymore pity from people.

When I arrived at the play area with the kids some of them ran towards me and gave me a hug, one little girl named Stacey ran up to me and gave me a hug, "Thea, where have you been?" I bent down so I was at her level and grabbed her hands, "Stacey I was busy with work, it's been a busy time, with the Prince announcing there's going to be a Princess soon." She giggled "Are you going to be the Princess?" I tried to keep my smile on my face "To be a Princess you have to be kind, someone who people love and respect." She nodded her head and was soon off to play with the other kids, I spent the rest of my time playing with or caring for the kids.

It was evening time when I started walking towards my room, when I arrived towards my door to enter my room I noticed it was unlocked. I was a little frighten because I never left my door unlocked. I slowly entered my room and turned on my light, but right when the light shined in my room Harris jumped out in front of me and yelled "Boo!" With that I screamed at the top of my lungs or attempted to when Harris puts his hand over my mouth so that my scream was muffled. "I didn't think you would be this scared Thea." When his hand was off my face I gave him the death glare, "I don't know what would you expect if someone was in your room and yelled boo?" I slowly closed my door and walked towards my closet looking at what I was going to wear  to bed. "I guess your right, but do you know how easy it was to pick your lock Thea." I picked out my clothes and headed towards my bathroom and locked the door and changed into my sleep clothes, "Why the hell are you even here Harris at this time?" I yelled while putting my clothes on, when I walked out of the bathroom, he was sitting on my bed loosening his tie, "I wanted to see you."

Harris was just staring at me "No for real I didn't want to be alone, and I enjoy your company. " Harris said with a smile "Again what do you really want Harris?" He sighed and patted the spot next to him on my bed, "For real I just wanted to come and be with you, we can watch a movie and I'll even let you pick." I walked towards the spot he gestured and sat down "Any movie I can pick, it can be a cheesy romance movie if I want?" I laughed at his face "Yes, even a cheesy romance movie." I could tell he didn't really want to watch a romance movie. "Well, it's a good thing I don't own any of those types of movies. We're going to watch a scary movie."

Me and Harris was currently watching a horror movie and I was enjoying it. He stiffened when some parts of the movie started getting frightened. "Thea, your the only girl I know who enjoys horror movies." Harris said, I laughed, "There my favorite type of movie." Right at that moment Harris put his arm around me and I stiffened. In all the times I've know him we always remained casual this was a whole new level for us. I looked at Harris watching the movie so intently, just then he turned and looked at me. We both held eye contact and before I knew it, he leaned in and kissed me. It felt so right this kiss, but I knew we shouldn't do this he was engaged and I would always be of lower class and known as some servant. I once might of held a title before I was born, but I was raised to be a staff to the royals and even knowing my heritage of my parents, me and Harris could never be together. This one kiss and everything that we were doing at this moment needed to end, I pulled back breaking the kiss. Trying to catch my breath I looked at Harris we both were stunned, but he didn't stop he pulled me into another kiss that was filled with more passion. That kiss went much further than we both expected.