❝9❞

·Beware the Slenderman·

["The story of how an Internet meme became the inspiration for a series of assassinations attempts has already made its first breakthrough.

Internet memes and myths will lead us to a dark story of a true crime in the HBO documentary "Beware The Slenderman," which revealed its first breakthrough this week.

The film, by Irene Taylor Brodsky, examines how the myth of the internet inspired a couple of 12-year-olds from Wisconsin to try to kill a classmate, all in order to praise a fictional supernatural character called the Slenderman.
"Beware The Slenderman" follows the case through televised news, police interviews of suspects and comments from some witnesses and experts.

The documentary, which premiered last March at the SXSW festival, will debut on January 23 on HBO in the US. The date for Latin America is still to be confirmed. '']

·Morgan and Anissa·

Two 12-year-old girls will be tried as adults for the attempted murder of a friend in a park in Waukesha, Wisconsin. The prosecutor who investigates the case assures that the minors stabbed up to 19 times another girl to please a mythological creature. The victim, miraculously, has saved the life According to the newspaper NY Daily News, the two minors, of 12 years, will be judged by intent of first degree homicide and face a penalty of up to 60 years in prison if they are found guilty.

The girls have told the investigators that they were trying to become proxys of Slender Man, a fictional being who emerged in a forum in 2009 and has become an urban legend. One of the minors says that this man appears in his dreams and can read his mind. One of the minors confessed to a detective who had been planning the attack for several months. First they tried to carry out their crime after a pajama party but they did not succeed. The second attempt was made while playing hide-and-seek in the park.

 ➵ I will investigate more about this topic.

⸙┆It's little information but it's the beginning of something even bigger.

[...]