Part 10: Snacks

For some reason Yoongi complied to Jimin's game choice so ended up letting the other, thankfully, light boy ride on his back as he did laps around the room until he eventually collapsed on the bed with Jimin still attached to him.

Jimin giggled and patted Yoongi's hair, flattening it out as he complimented "You'd make a good horsie."

Yoongi didn't know if he should be complimented or insulted but he knew it probably wasn't in a mean way considering how soft Jimin had been around him so far.

Jimin climbed off of Yoongi's back, falling back onto the bed next to the other boy with a chuckle.

They talked for a while longer before a knock was heard at the door which caused Jimin to run towards, and inevitably into, the door.

"Password?"

"Yellow?"

"Nope."

"Mochi?"

"Nuhuh."

"Hmm... what about snacks?"

"Yay Gwammy is so smart, come in."

Jimin opened the door for the elderly lady and let her in.

Yoongi noticed that she was trying to balance the tray and ruffle Jimin's hair so he got up and held it for her.

She smiled at him as she said "Thank you Yoongi dear. Have you both been having fun?"

Jimin quickly nodded saying "Yoongles is a weally good horsie." causing the elderly woman to raise a confused eye brow.

Yoongi attempted to casually explain saying "We decided to start the project after we got to know each other a bit better so we've been talking and... playing? for a bit."

She chuckled as Yoongi's confusion towards the end didn't only come across in his voice but across his face as well.

She turned back to her grandson, with a half teasing and half serious tone in her voice as she said "Jiminie sweetie, I hope you haven't been running Yoongi ragged."

Jimin shook his head quickly thinking he might be in trouble even though he clearly wasn't.

His full demeanor changed and it looked like he was about to cry until he felt a head rest on his own and hands on his shoulders.

Yoongi tiredly said "He really has but I don't mind if it's Jiminie and as long as he shares his snacks with his old, tired hyung." as he used Jimin to support himself, partially to comfort the other obviously tense boy and partially to just have something to lean on.

Shockingly after the surprise Jimin relaxed and managed to calm himself down a reasonable amount but he still didn't say anything.

Mrs Park softly asked "Are you okay sweet heart?" to Jimin and the other slightly nodded in response.

Yoongi rubbed the others arms as he said "Let's get you full of energy with snacks then we can play until I have to go home, sound good?"

Jimin looked at him before reluctantly nodding and sadly walking over to the bed.

Mrs Park whispered "Don't worry he'll be fine sweetie." before leaving the room with a gentle "Goodbye."

Jimin stared at the food Yoongi had put down prior and Yoongi went over to it, moving it over to the bed where they were sitting.

Yoongi waited for Jimin to eat something but he just sat there in silence, slowly getting more distressed.

Yoongi frowned slightly before reaching forward slowly and ruffling Jimin's fluffy hair.

Jimin looked up at him sadly with a genuine pout on his lips as sadness took over him.

Yoongi was going to tell him to eat up and try to avoid it but didn't.

Instead his body did something different to what his head was telling him to do and he was pulling Jimin closer to him until the slightly smaller boy was wrapped securely in his arms.

Jimin slowly hugged back and his grip on Yoongi's shirt was getting tighter and tighter until his hands formed small fists.

He wanted to cry but he told himself he wouldn't, instead treasuring the hug since it had been a long time since anyone had comforted him when he felt how he was since he had gotten into the habit of sending his grandmother away.

It wasn't that she wasn't there but more like he didn't want her to be, for everything he felt he knew his grandmother was too so the more mature part of him removed himself from the situation normally so she didn't feel even a fraction of what he did because he loved her.

But he had to admit being in Yoongi's gentle arms was a nice change.

Jimin felt himself slowly getting lost deeper and deeper into thought as his mind went back to the place it had been when so many things happened and changed in his life, with the anxious feeling gradually growing within him.

Jimin didn't want to think about it so pulled away sharply and stuffed the first thing his hands grabbed, off the snack tray, into his mouth.

He kept looking down as Yoongi looked at him surprised at the sudden movement.

Yoongi could tell that something major was wrong and his heart couldn't help but ache for the other boy.

Jimin could tell that Yoongi was feeling sad too like his grandmother did even though he didn't know the story or what exactly was happening so he just picked up a sandwich and moved it towards Yoongi.

He watched the elder expectantly until Yoongi ate it.