Part 40: Second thoughts

It was officially Jimin's birthday and the day of the party his grandmother arranged.

Yoongi went over early to help set up and was glad he did when he realised what was happening.

"GRAMMY, MINNIE SAID NO!"

"Jiminie sweetie, please calm down and get dressed. Help Grammy out, please dearie."

"NUHUH I NO GET DWESSED. MINNIE DUN WANNA. MINNIE DUN WANNA SEE DEM!"

"Sweetie, if I didn't invite them I'd get in trouble with the courts. You know the arrangement no matter how dodgy it was."

"I DUN CARE. MIINNIE NO CARE ABOUT IMAGE. MINNIE IS A BIG BOY AND DUN WANNA SEE THEM. MINNIE DUN WANNA SEE ANYONE!"

Yoongi could hear the shouting from outside as he was walking in and could hear the defeat in Mrs Parks voice.

He made his way to where the shouting was and both of them where crying.

"Jiminie, your mother and father are very powerful people now. I'm not saying what they did was right or that they deserve to see you but the courts said I had to allow them too see you and now they have the reputation which comes with the Park name and more. I couldn't keep them away without risking cameras being everywhere trying to get the gossip and you even said it was fine because you wanted to show them how much better off you are without them. Please sweetie, just for tonight."

Jimin was about to scream no again but instead Yoongi interrupted trying to lighten the mood by saying "I heard cake."

Mrs Park smiled sadly at Yoongi and Jimin just ran into his arms crying.

Yoongi played dumb and asked "What's wrong Chim, you shouldn't be crying on your birthday?"

Jimin just kept crying so Mrs Park answered "He's changed his mind about his parents coming ."

Yoongi sighed and rested his head on top of Jimin's before asking "What happened to you wanting to show them your happy without them and that your living your life the way you want it and not how they expected you too?"

Jimin whimpered "Dun wan dem to yell."

Jimin was tightly clutching onto Yoongi's shirt and shaking in his arms.

Yoongi held onto Jimin slightly tighter and whispered softly "They won't yell Chim, I won't let them and if they do i'll deal with them."

Jimin shook his hea and cried "Dun wan dem to yell at you too."

Mrs Park looked at them sadly so Yoongi said "I've got Jimin so that's one less thing tho worry about."

Mrs Park thanked him and kissed both of there heads before leaving because there was really a lot to do.

Yoongi lifted Jimin up onto his hip and carried him up stairs so they could talk in privacy without having people interrupting.

He closed Jimin's bedroom door and went to put Jimin down but he clung to him tighter so Yoongi just decided to sit down with Jimin in his arms.

They sat in silence for a while until Jimin eventually stopped crying fully.

After that Yoongi decided to speak "Chim, you know they can't hurt you right? Not anymore. And they can't use you now either because your a grown up and that means you get to do what you want and be who you want."

Jimin nodded but didn't say anything feeling completely depressed.

Yoongi could tell how down he really was so offered "If you don't want them to be there I can make a few calls and see what I can do about making their lives hell so they have to cancel."

Jimin thought about it for a moment but then shook his head.

Yoongi wasn't sure what else he could do so asked "Is there anything I can do to help?" getting a soft "Stay with me pwease." in response.

Yoongi nodded and hummed a quiet tune until Jimin fell asleep deciding a sleep might help with his mood.

He laid Jimin out on the bed and kissed his head lightly, whispering "Happy birthday." then going downstairs to help for a bit before waking Jimin up.