Unattainable (Sage's POV)

Upon stepping out of the shower, I felt like a brand new person. I had always been a firm believer that a shower could help renew a person, but this shower felt like it changed me completely.

I no longer felt chained to Matty emotionally anymore. If anything, I felt freed entirely, so fresh and new; a feeling I hadn't felt in a very long time.

I knew what I had to do now; Talk to Tate.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my damp body as I began to search through my clothes.

This was a new chapter, a new me, and I decided I would dress accordingly.

I rummaged through my dresser drawers until I found my high waisted black fishnets and a black lace bra with matching underwear my mother had gotten me last month; a set the old me wouldn't dare trying to brave.

Setting those items down on my bed, I walked over to my closet to find my high waisted overly ripped black jeans, and a shirt of some kind that the old me was too afraid to wear.

I decided on a form fitting low-cut red v-neck crop top. Smiling at my decision, I set those out on the bed too, admiring the ensemble I had chosen for today.

Removing the towel, I wrapped it around my hair in an attempt to help it dry faster before stepping into the black lace thong, admiring how it felt against my skin before I attacked the next challenge; the black lace bra. Much to my surprise, it was a push up bra, and I made a mental note to thank my mother when I got home.

I adjusted the straps of the bra until my breast were pushed up and out to perfection. Next, I pulled the shirt over my head and shimmied into my jeans. I took a second to admire my appearance in the long mirror I had sitting in my bedroom, smiling at my own reflection.

I managed to unwrap the towel from around my hair, shaking it out and deciding today I would just let it air dry.

Back in the bathroom, I did my makeup. Mascara to make my hazel eyes appear larger, and a dark red lipstick.

Pulling on my old beat up high tops, deciding I still needed a little safety, I gave myself a pat on the back; proud at all that I've achieved so far this morning.

Taking one last look at myself in the mirror and a deep breath, I walked out of my room and jogged down the stairs.

I stopped at the front door, mentally preparing myself for whatever challenges I may have to face when I step out.

Once I was ready, I turned the knob, pulling the door open and stepping out.

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw a pile of petals from an innocent Violet. The sight made my heart crack. How could someone destroy something so beautiful? Something so precious and innocent? I shook my head with a roll of my eyes as I answered my own question; Matty.

I made my way down the steps, keeping my task-at-hand in mind. The image of Tate's smile was burned into my brain, keeping me motivated as I made my way next door.

I skipped up his front steps, inhaling sharply as I knocked.

I waited only a moment before the door opened, a lady with blonde hair answered.

"Hello?" She greeted me suspiciously, as if I was here to steal her prized family heirlooms.

"Uh-, Is Tate home?" I asked cautiously. She looked like she would strike me down any second if I wasn't careful.

"He is." She raised an eyebrow, leaning against the doorframe as she held the door still closed at her side, never letting it fully open for me to peek inside. "Whose asking though?" She asked, eyeing me up and down, taking in every feature of mine just encase she needed to report me to the police for vandalism.