Seventeen

"Remember when you tried to play the guitar?" I asked Keith as we both looked at the stars. I couldn't sleep again so I went to the bridge with my blanket to look at the stars. Later I heard the doors open and turned to see my black haired friend with groggy eyes looking towards me. He came over and sat next to me. The two of us have been looking out at the stars for the past 2 hours.

"Oh god why would you remind me of that?" He chuckled and leaned his head up at the ceiling.

"I don't know I just remembered it. You tried acting like Nick Jonas and failed miserably." I smiled and turned my head to him.

"At least I never wore a fedora." Keith sighed and put his head back down.

"Yea I'll give you that. What was with that whole thing anyways?" I asked "You even tried curling your hair." He paused, a tint of pink covering his cheeks for some reason.

"Eh I don't know, I just thought he was cool." The purple eyed teen smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. Something he did when he lied.

"Yea sure." I grinned and rolled my eyes, turning my head back to the stars.

"But after I left I bought a guitar and started practicing, I'm not half bad."

"Yea right."

"I'm not!" Keith cried and the his arms up in the hair as he turned towards me.

"Okay Kogane, say what makes you feel better."

"It's like you do this to get on my nerves." He crossed his arms and huffed and looked back to the stars.

"That's exactly what I do." I smirked. We were both silent for a while, just stargazing.

"So, how you taking that whole galra thing? You okay?" I hesitantly asked. Keith slightly glared at me. "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"No it's fine. I'm taking it better than I did before, but Allura's still ignoring me." he sighed and combed his hands through his messy hair.

"Listen, I get that the galra destroyed her home but, that was thousands of years ago. It's not your fault that you're galra. She keeps saying they're all bad but you and the blade completely testify against that opinion." I smiled and look at Keith with my melancholic eyes "You are who you are. And if Allura can't see the amazing person I do, well then that's on her."

"Thanks."

"I'm just saying what needed to be said." I shrugged and looked at the stars.

"No not just for that, for everything. You've always been there for me, even when I didn't deserve it." said Keith before looking back to the amazing view.

"Well that's what friends do."

"Yea, friends." He mumbled

"Did you say something?"

"No! I didn't say anything I uhh don't know what you're talking about." He panicked and rubbed the back of his neck.

He's lying.

I ignored it and we both looked back to the stars. Or at least I was, but I sensed someone's eyes on me. I turned to the black haired teen next to me and saw purple eyes looking at me, which caught me buy surprise.

"Uh Keith?"

"Huh?" He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me

"Whatcha lookin at?"

"N-nothing, I was just thinking." He turned back to the view.

"About what?"

"You." He mumbled again, burying half of his face into his arms, not making eye contact with me. I could feel heat rushing up to my face.

"Well I hope it's nothing bad." I nervously chuckled with an obvious blush on my face and turned back to the stars.

"Of course not. I was just thinking-" he paused and took in a deep breath "what could've happened if I never left?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, with us." I started at him, confused at what he was trying to say.

"(Y/n) what I'm trying to say is-"

"Do you think we'd be closer?" he said slowly, as if he was trying to find the right way to put it.

"Well yea probably. Friends get closer over time." I looked back at the stars, thinking the conversation was done.

"No not like that. I mean-" The black hair teen stoped talking once I turned back to him and we locked eyes. He kept looking into my (e/c) eyes while I waited for him to finish his sentence.

"I uh- you know what, it's getting late, I'm gonna head off to bed." Keith got up quickly and walked towards the door just as fast.

"Wait what did you mean? What do you mean closer."

"I meant what you said, as friends. Night (Y/n)." He rubbed the back of his neck and left.

"He's lying to me. But why would he lie about wanting to be friends? Unless he wanted to-" I blushed but shook my head, snapping myself out of my ridiculous thought.

"No that's ridiculous. But I guess it's better not to think about it that much. Keith's always been- complicated, to say the least. And now I'm talking to myself, great."