Fourteen

down the line - beach fossils 

y/n pov

'perfection is the key to success.' is what is written in big black letters on the top of my mirror back at home. it's a reminder that everything had to be absolutely perfect in order to have a good life and be successful. it's what my mother literally texts me everyday, it's my lock screen. it will probably always be engraved in my mind. i was going to write it on the mirror in the bathroom here at the hotel, but i share it with noah.

ever since the whole bathroom situation things have been less awkward and more easy-going between us. the city is getting cooler so i picked up a new jacket at the nearest walmart. but oh my gosh, the walmart people here are so RUDE. i ranted for maybe 30 minutes to millie and sadie about it. like i'm not kidding, they gave me weird looks and made rude remarks and were just horrible. HORRIBLE. but i am totally overreacting.

"hey, sadie do you need anything, i'm gonna drop by the grocery store on the way to the studio."

"uh, yeah could you get me some socks, i'm dying without them. why are you going to the studio?"

"i accidentally stole a prop." i say laughing.

"like what?" 

"a ring. the one sarah's little boyfriend gave to her."

she nods and go's down to the pool with everyone else. the roads are pretty clear so i get to the studio pretty quick. i drop the ring off at the prop room and stop by a publix. on my way down the isles i see sophia lillis. 

"OH MY GOSH Y/N" she yells and tackles me in a hug. we've been friends since grade school, both in the same class. we kinda grew apart when her career took off, but we talk occasionally and stay connected on social media.

"hey sophie!" i say back.

"oh my gosh, it's been such a long time!" she says while we hug.

"i know, we should meet up later."

"you're so right! what'r you doing on these parts?"

"oh i'm filming in stranger things."

"i didn't know you knew finn, how is he?"

"he's good, pretty much the same." she nods and gives me a hug before running off. i grab some socks and walk around seeing if i can finding something i might need. i pass the vitamin section and remember that noah needed some. i grab them and see something that catches my eye. appetite suppressants. should i get them? i've been doing good at eating really healthy and exercising, but the weight won't drop off. i haven't gained, but i haven't lost. 

"i'll get them." i mumble, throwing them into the basket. when i check out the cashier, who was an older lady, looked at me weird. i just smiled and walked out, thanking god she didn't ask any questions. i drove around by the beach, the sun was setting and it was low-key aesthetic as crap. i turned on the radio and down the line by the fossils turned on, giving me the best feeling. 

i took the long way back to the hotel, enjoying the warmer night and the music. when i finally got back noah was in the lobby, talking to someone at the desk.

"are you sure you haven't seen her?"

"sir, do you have a picture or something? i don't know what she looks like."

"noah?" i ask. 

he turns around and a look of anger mixed with relief floods his face. he runs up and hugs me, but quickly pulls away.

"where the heck were you?"

"i went to the studio and the grocery store. i told millie, did you ask her?"

"yeah, but you just took a long time."

"i'm really sorry noah, i took the longer way."

"no, don't be sorry, i was just worried."

i nod and pull him into a hug and kiss his temple. i take the elevator up to millie's room and drop the socks off. she thanks me but asks me to postmate burritos for everyone. i agree and head back to find noah in our room.

"i need you to do me a favor."

*******

"all done." he says laughing as i'm wrapped up like a burrito. i am officially the weirdest person on the cast, besides joe. he picks me up with the bag of food that was delivered. we go to millie's room and knock on the door. 

"what in the actual heck?" millie asks strait faced.

"well you were a little to wrapped up, so i got you a burrito." i say, trying to contain my laughter.

"that was the worst but best thing to happen all day." millie says busting out in laughter. i unrolled myself and we sat around the living room type space eating out burritos. 

"hey y/n, what kind of burrito did you get?" gaten asks.

"bean and cheese."

he nods and we all continue to play monopoly until it's five in the morning. we all had off since it was saturday, and we plan to go out for the day.

but sleep comes first.

a/n-

enjoy

<3 lilia