Twenty Five

Y/n Pov

"Livi? Livi!"

"Y/n? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in-....where am I?"

"Well, uh, you and and everyone were in a crash."

"What? Henry, Isabelle? Mom, Dad?"

"They-they didn't make it. Look, Livi-"

"No. They can't be."

"Livi, I'm so, so sorry. You have no idea-"

"Can...I be alone?"

"Of course, yeah, totally. I'll just be out there if you need me."

She nods and I walk out. I didn't know what to expect, but her reaction hurt me a little bit. Maybe I thought we'd have some dramatic reunion or something, I don't really know. But she needs to be alone right now and take it all in. I mean, imagine being told that your entire family just died and you're the only survivor. I can only imagine.

"How is she? Did you tell her?" My mother asks.

"Uh, yeah, I did. She just wants to be alone right now, that's all."

"Totally understandable. How are you holding up?"

"Fine, I guess. I just miss Henry and Bella. When is the funeral gonna be?"

"Soon, no real plans yet. You know you can always talk to me, right?"

"Yeah, don't worry."

*****

"So, how's Rafe?" I ask Livi.

"Oh, him? He's long gone."

"How long did it take?"

"Maybe, possibly, like.....two weeks."

"Livi!" I say as we both laugh. When we sober up I give her the biggest hug I can.

"It's good to hear you laugh, Livs."

"It's good to be laughing. So, tell me about Noah!"

"Oh, him? Well, let's see...we lasted longer than two weeks. He's so sweet and funny and kind. He treats me so well and best of all, he makes me so incredibly happy."

"That's amazing, Y/n/n! Gosh, I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too. You have no idea how long I've been waiting to come and visit...I just wish it had been for better reasons."

"Yeah....it's weird, ya know? The sadness or grief, whatever you wanna call it, it's strange to me. I've never felt this intense of a heartbreak, but it's just coming in waves. Like one minute I'm laughing and the next I'm falling apart."

"I've never had this amount of loss, but I totally get it. Sometimes I'm so happy and so ready to go out into the world and then the next...I just want to disappear."

"Promise me that you'll never disappear." She says and holds out her pinky.

"We both promise." I say and pull her into a hug.

a/n-

so sorry it's taken me this long to finally put up a chapter! i just started finals and i'm really busy, but i promise that i'll upload at least once a week. love you guys!

<3 lilia