Chapter forty two

Steve
It took hours to head back home but when we made it home, we both got her mom settled in our guest room and she wanted to get some sleep.

I made my way downstairs while Athena wanted to talk to her mom and she wanted a shower. I decided to push one of the couches against the window and move the tv around so we could see it while we were cuddling. It was a rainy and a bit of a stormy night and I knew that might calm her down a bit.

She walked down the stairs and I looked up and smiled at her. Her hair was in a bun, she was in my sweats and one of her dads shirts.

"I put the couch against the window because I know how much you like stormy nights

"I put the couch against the window because I know how much you like stormy nights. She didn't say anything just smiled at me as I opened my arms for her to lay in them. I kissed her forehead and closed my eyes enjoying the scent of her strawberry shampoo and I smiled as she smelled like my body wash.

"I was out of body wash so I used yours hun".

"No complaints from me sweetheart".

"I can't wait til our wedding baby. I keep saying that but I can't help it. I know we still have months at least but I love you so much and thank you for everything you've done for me."

"I could say the same for you baby girl. You've given me happiness since we've been together. I know we're jumping the gun on getting married but I just know you are the one. I still feel like that 16 year old kid in Brooklyn with you. I feel butterflies around you and when we kiss and make love I feel so blessed to have a doll like you in my life".

"Sweetheart I'm gonna cry".

"Don't cry angel. I just hope I'll be the man you've always dreamed of in your life. I may be almost 100 but you my baby doll are the only girl I'll ever need in all that time I get to be with you now".

I looked down at her in my arms and I kissed the top of her head and I felt tears spring to my eyes. I've never loved a woman this much Peggy Carter was the last woman I loved, Sharon Carter was just a crush but Athena Walters was my girl.

"Don't cry my love. You damn well know you are the absolute man of my dreams. I never thought I would find someone like you ever and come to realize my dream was in this state all along. I don't ever ever wanna love another I'll never stop loving you even when I'm old and wrinkly".

"You'd still be beautiful. A mother, a grandma, great grandma. We will have raised a beautiful family when you reach that age. And I'll be there with you".

I wiped the tears from the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. I can see my future with her and it's so beautiful. I wrapped my arm around her even tighter and she kissed my lips and we drifted off to sleep with the sounds of the rain and thunder outside.