Glad

"Put a group of people together and you get one of two things. A group of friends, or a group of assholes that literally want to kill each other."
"Why the hell are you my best friend?" She scoffed as she rolled her eyes. Dick shrugged.
"It's probably because I'm lonely, but I'm afraid to be alone. I think it has to do with my mental trauma as a young boy. Truly my health has been quite bamboozled!"
"Are you hungover?" She whipped her head to look at her friend. He laid against the root of the tree they were sitting under and he had his sunglasses on. The blonde could tell his lids were closed underneath the shades.
"I went to a club with the three gingers last night in celebration of our mission. So the correct answer would be yes, I am very hungover, but I'm gonna say no. I don't feel like getting punched in the balls by a momma bear," Dick said as he twirled his wrist in the air for dramatic effect. "How are you, Artemis?"
"I'm sober, you big idiot," Artemis scoffed as she closed her book. She laid down against his belly and he instantly shoved his hands in her hair. If anyone were to see them, they would think they were a couple. Lucky the branches of the willow tree concealed the two vigilantes. This was normal for them anyway
"Hey," Dick said.
"Hey," She said back. Artemis turned so she was on her side, which he didn't seem to mind. Instead he grabbed her by her underarms and laid her next to him. Artemis rolled onto her other side so she faced him. The archer waited for him to say something.
"You're tiny," The brunette muttered.
"And you're a giant," She chuckled.
"I know. I bang my head on a lot of things."
"You're also getting old," Artemis continued to smile at him. She couldn't tell if Dick's eyes were opened or closed anymore. His face was covered by the shade now.
"I feel like it. It's hard not to feel much older than your real age when you've been a hero for so long. You know those feelings, right?"
"You see worse when you're a criminal," Artemis said as her smile dropped.
"That's what I love about you. You're strong," Dick smiled at her to lighten the subject.
"I love you because you're funny and cuzzy," Artemis smiled back at him.
"I love being your human pillow, Mai."
"Good. You've ruined beds forever," She chuckled as she tucked her head in between his neck and his shoulder blade.
"I get that a lot," Dick chuckled. He took his sunglasses off but kept his eyes closed.
"You dog," She whispered once she closed her own grey eyes. She was grateful to have a friend to joke around like this. Sure, Zatanna was one of her really great friends but they could never joke around like she did was Dick. In the earlier years of being friends, Dick and Artemis spent almost every hour, minute, and second together. It didn't matter if he wore a mask or if they both wore ties and scratchy, ill-fitting uniforms. They bonded the same.
"Hey, Artemis?"
"Yeah, Dick?"
"I'm glad you're not an asshole. If you were, we wouldn't be able to do this."
"I'm glad you're not an asshole too."