Thee Falling Jesus

"Evil cathedral," Artemis bent down and dragged her finger against the ground. When she looked at it, it was covered in dust. She cringed and wiped it off on her uniform.
"Ironic," Dick said as he shown his flashlight up at the ceiling. She expected a bunch of bats to hiss from the detailed panels, but there were none. "This isn't really a bad idea, if I'm honest. If I was a criminal I would operate in a church."
"Jesus is very disappointed in you, Nightwing."
"When is he not? I was never doing the God's work anyway."
"I'm a vigilante Buddhist," The blonde scoffed, "Who am I to talk?" Dick scoffed too and continued to walk around. Artemis stood up and shown her flashlight around as well. Her light landed on a statue of the Virgin Mary. She didn't know much about the Christian religion, but she knew that people prayed to the Virgin Mary. The statue's head was knocked over and rusted, and she couldn't help but feel second hand disrespect.
"The original church was built in the mid evil times. Hundreds of people would gather here on Sundays and sacrifice themselves. Onlookers often said that the church wasn't to pray, but to give your soul to the devil. It was brunt by protesters and rebuilt in the 1380's. That's when the current cathedral was opened. Sacrifices were put to an end. It closed it's doors again when a tuberculosis outbreak broke out around the area. Many people were upset because they believed that the cathedral could have housed the sick, which could have prevented to spread of the disease," The acrobat explained to his friend as they continued to look around. Artemis didn't say and just processed the information that she had been told. She wondered if the evil activity could have been he cause of ghosts. It seemed strange, but it wouldn't be the first time that she had seen one.
"So they just left this place?" She shown her light on the Jesus statue who was hanging from the cross. He didn't look any better than his mother. He was equally as rusted and one of his feet were unhooked from his body and flopped over. The rust under his eyes made it look like he was crying blood. His eyes were wide too. Artemis assumed that someone had broken in because there was a noose around his neck. She figured it was some sick joke, but her eyes wouldn't tear away.
"Pretty much," Nightwing turned around and approached her. When he was next to her, he watched her. He started to wonder about what she was thinking. Was she thinking about the lives lost? Was she creeped out? What was she feeling?
"Nightwing?"
"Yeah?" He answered.
"Duck," Artemis said as she pushed his shoulders down. He kneeled down on the dirty ground as Artemis grabbed an arrow, notched it, and aimed it in record time. There was a sound of two arrows flying threw the air and the piercing sound of wood splitting. There was also the sound of metal falling against wood that echoed through cathedral, which was Tigress' arrowhead hitting the floor.
Nightwing stood up and made eye contact with the man that had shot at the blonde. He was dressed exactly how you would image Robin Hood looking. His armor was extremely outdated and his face was covered. His bow was made of wood and it clear that Artemis' bow was superior. 
"How dare you invade thee place of God!" The man yelled at them with a thick accent.  Tigress looked at Dick in confusion. He raised his eyebrows and shrugged.
"I hope you know that it's 2017. You're in the wrong century," Dick said to man. He slowly reached into his utility belt for a bat-a-rang.
"Traditions never die," The man said back. Artemis' mouth fell open in fake shock.
"Shit! I forgot Têt! My mom is going to kill me!" She cried. Dick bit back his laughter. This angered the man and he notched another arrow.
"You shall not curse in thee home of the Lord!" He man released the arrow and as it flew threw the air Artemis was able to notch her bow and aim. Dick watched as her arrow ripped through the other archer's arrow like paper. He didn't have much time because he threw his bat-a-rang at the man's bow when he was distracted. The weapon broke his wooden bow and Nightwing caught his tool between his two fingers.
"If you had a metal bow, that wouldn't have happened,"  Tigress shrugged, "Now, we can either fight or we can turn you in for trespassing." The man didn't answer. His uncovered eyes widened. Dick turned around when he heard a squeaking noise coming from behind them. Artemis kept her eye on the man in case it was a set up.
"Oh shit," Dick muttered.

"Jesus tried to kill us," Artemis said as she looked down at her broken foot. Dick nodded as he looked at his own broken arm. When they were at the cathedral, the statue Artemis had been staring at earlier feel on both of them. Jesus' head had crushed Artemis' foot and his legs broke his right arm.
"It was about time," Dick continued to nod.
"At least it wasn't my fingers. I need those."
"We kinda need every part of our bodies to patrol."
"Are we going to do that?" She asked.
"No," He shrugged.
"Where'd that guy go?"
"To hell?" Dick chuckled. Artemis leaned over her side of the bed and hit his shoulder lightly. "Nah, I arrested him after I slide out from Jesus. I could have swore Mary was judging me."
"Probably," Artemis laughed.
"Well, good night Artemis. Maybe we'll be killed by Abraham tomorrow."
"Good night, Dick," She scoffed.