We'll Laugh About This Someday *Special*

With them, things never went as planned. Missions, dates, and patrols all differed from what they expected. So the two heroes always assumed that their wedding day wouldn't be the magical exception. Many criminals hated them. Even more hated their guests. And trust the couple, Artemis and Dick were very hesitant about having a big wedding.

It took a lot of convincing from their friends and family to not elope. Paula, Artemis' mother, was very upset at the idea. Lian was also not pleased. She wanted to be the flower girl. And Wally wanted to the best man. M'gann practically begged the couple to have a wedding, as well as Raquel, Karen, and Zatanna. When Dick talked about it with his family, Bruce said, "I think it would be a good idea," Tim petitioned to be the best man almost immediately.

Of course the planning didn't go as expected. Their friends made many suggestions, and Dick and Artemis tried to agree to everything. They picked the date based off of their friends' ideas. The flowers, colors, location were all planed according to what they wanted. Eventually the demands added up, and so did the stress. When the two realized that none of the things Dick or Artemis wanted was included, they cancelled the whole wedding. They began at square one.

Artemis and Dick decided to have their wedding in December, instead of June like they had originally planned. December was the two's favorite month, so it made sense. Secondly, they picked a simple place to have their wedding. It was a pretty popular place in Blüdhaven. They could take pictures there, have the ceremony, and then have the party. The first wedding they had planned was at place Raquel had recommended. Dick absolutely hated it, but he was too nice of a guy to say anything. Artemis was half way zoned out when they looked at it.

The color scheme was another problem they had. Paula insisted on her daughter having a red and yellow theme. Those were two lucky colors in Vietnam. Even though Artemis didn't believe in luck, she agreed to make her mother happy, but it ended up looking like a McDonald's. When they canceled the wedding and told everyone how they felt, Paula was angry. Artemis rarely talked back to her, but she reminded her mom that this was her wedding. In the end, the bird and the archer decided on light blue and silver color theme.

_________

"Will you stay still?" Jade questioned Artemis as she hit her on the head with the brush. The blonde rolled her eyes at her sister and continued to drink her bottle of water. As Jade brushed her mane of hair, they listened to their mother ramble.

"You should've had a traditional wedding," Paula stated as she looked at her youngest daughter's face, "But it's your wedding."

Jade scoffed as she yanked Artemis head back in place, "This is why me and Will eloped. Now stay still," She hit Artemis in the head with the brush again.

"Y'know what, Jade, I didn't even invite you," The blonde snatched the brush from her sister's hand as she stood up, "Another one of mom's generosities."

Jade opened her mouth as if she had something to say, but she closed her lips into a tight line. Paula's attitude quickly changed as well. Her expression turned into one of sadness. It was no secret that Artemis' family was messed up, but the pain they had caused her was still there after all these years. When she was younger, she never thought she would live to see her wedding. But as she got older and fell in love, she accepted the fact that her sister and father wouldn't be there to see her walk down the aisle.

All of the women in the room turned to face the door when Zatanna and M'gann walked in. Both girls were dressed, and so was Artemis. All of their dresses were simple. Zatanna's and M'gann's dresses were off-the-shoulder and light blue. Artemis' wedding dress was off-the-shoulder as well, but it had lace sleeves that went to the middle of her forearm. It clung to her body until it reached mid-thigh. Then it flowed out a little. It showed some scars on her arms and of all the scars on her collarbones. Her mom wanted her to cover them up, but Artemis knew Dick loved her with all her imperfections.