The Proposal

Dick looked down at the ring on her finger and felt a smile form on his lips. He never bought into the, "Happiest man alive," thing until now. The whole world felt like fireworks to him, his heart was beaming like the sun, and his body felt like all things great. It was almost indescribable. Dick felt fuzzy in all the best ways. And as he leaned his forehead against hers, he just wanted to kiss her. It didn't matter how many tears were falling down her face or how hard she squeezed his arms, that kiss was quickly the only thing on his mind.

"We look crazy," Artemis chuckled as she let go of his arms. She snuck her hands under his beanie and knotted her fingers in his hair, "Good thing it's twelve in the morning and snowing, huh?" Dick chuckled too and brought her into a passionate kiss. They didn't pull away until one of them needed to breathe. The air they inhaled was freezing, which created uncomfortable knots in their chests. Dick and Artemis ignored them.

Dick never planned his proposal. When he tried to, every situation didn't feel perfect enough. A fancy dinner seemed too basic. A public proposal didn't feel intimate enough. Dick even considered popping the question on her birthday, on his birthday, an even on their cat's birthday. But when he saw the snow outside their window, the first snowfall of the winter, he knew it was the perfect time to ask her to marry him. Artemis was sleeping in his arms when he woke her up. Dick woke her up with kisses and the few nibbles on her earlobes. They slipped on their boots, their hats, their gloves, their coats, and headed outside. They didn't bother to change out of their pajamas. Once they were outside, they headed to the small patch of grass across their complex. Artemis threw a snowball at him with flawless aim. He followed suit. Dick tackled her into the snow, and she kissed him. Nothing had ever felt that good to Dick. That's when he got off her and got down on one knee. He pulled the little black box out of coat his pocket. Dick was about to go into a speech about how beautiful, brave, and strong she was. However, Artemis had other plans. A smile covered her face and the happiest tears filled her steel eyes. She got on her knees too and just kept repeating the world, "Yes."

"You know," The raven smiled at her, "I really tried to make this perfect. That may have or may have not included Alice in Wonderland pajamas."

"What about Batman t-shirts and navy blue sweats?" The goddess joked. She took her hand out his black locks and tugged on his shirt for added effect. He shrugged as he grabbed her left hand. He swiped his thumb across her new ring. It was a bit big, but he knew she wouldn't change it for the world. It was minimal  and only had three small emeralds on it. Artemis never wore flashy jewelry. The only type she wore were silver studs.

"Maybe we should go inside? I'll make hot chocolate," Dick suggested, turning to face their complex building.

"I love you," Artemis chuckled before they started to make their way to their home.

"Me too, Mrs. Grayson."

"What about Mr. Crock?"

"No."

A/N: I don't like this chapter tbh. I'll probably deleted it later.