Flying

She always knew he could fly, but that was completely different than watching. Everything everyone ever say about him was true. He soared through the air with ease. He didn't seem to miss a step. And one time he even bent in half! (Artemis convinced herself that he didn't have a spine.) It was what he was born to do. And it was absolutely amazing.
"Hey there, Mai!" Dick yelled down to her. He held himself onto the trapeze using only the bend of his knees. When he waved at her she wanted to freak out and tell him to hold on. Artemis told herself that he knew what he was doing up there and she relaxed.
"Hey yourself!" She yelled back up, "How's it hanging?" Even though her best friend was thirty feet in the air she could still hear him laugh. Artemis rolled her grey eyes and scoffed.
"It's hanging good, y'know, despite the blood rush to my skull!" He answered as he flipped himself over to the other bar. From that bar he flipped onto to the landing post. Artemis started clapping when he stuck the landing. He was such a show off.  
The blonde stuck her hands in her pockets and rocked on her toes as she said, "You seem okay."
"Perfectly whelmed! I would be even more whelmed if you came up here and joined me!" Dick cheered from his post.
"Is this your idea of a first date?" She asked in an amused tone. The raven snorted loudly.
"Nah, I'll take you to the real circus! But I'll still like your company!"
It only took her a few seconds to climb up the ladder. When you've being climbing fire escapes for the entirety of your life it was easy to climb anything. Dick seemed more worried about it than her, which she understood to some degree. It was kinda weird  though. He watched her free fall from building nearly everyday. Artemis wondered if it scared him every time she did that. Artemis decided she wouldn't ask him about it.
"A real circus? Wow, I don't have to perform this time!"
Dick scoffed, "Fine, I'll bring you to the one with a clown and a jester." Artemis raised an eyebrow at him as he grinned at her. Part of her always wanted to smack or kiss his grins off. He was too goofy.
"They'll eat your bat-boy ass up."
"Probably," Dick shrugged as he dropped his expression. When Artemis kept smiling at him, he raised his own eyebrow at her, "What's got you so smiley?" 
"You, you goof," She chuckled.
"Ah, yes! You have fallen for my Grayson charm!" The brunette declared. Before Artemis could blink Dick grabbed the trapeze with both hands and swung away from her.
Artemis furrowed her brow in confusion as she turned to look at him. He was hanging upside down again and using the bend of his knees. He wore that stupid little grin too.
"Dick!" The goddess snapped at the bird. Dick started to go into a fit of giggles. 
"If you want me, you have to come get me!" He teased, knowing she wasn't going to jump. At least he didn't think she would. It wasn't until he saw Artemis thinking about it that he got nervous. "Wait, Mai, you're not actually going to do it. Right?"
"Hm, I don't know. I kinda want to beat you up right now," The blonde chuckled as she started to remove her shoes. They both decided to ignore the fact that she was wearing Superman socks.
"What if I don't catch you, Artemis? I don't have a net and you're not really trained for this!" Dick exclaimed, but all she did was pay no mind.
"You're just gonna have to catch me," Artemis said before she jumped. Dick yelped as he watched her do it, but she flew right passed him and her hands caught his wrists and his caught hers.
"Jesus, Artemis!" He yelled at her. He looked down at her and she looked back up.
"Yeah, yeah. That was like ten times more scary for me than it was for you," Artemis smirked at him. Dick shook his head gently and was about to protest. She interrupted him as she used her upper body strength to pull herself closer to him. Artemis sealed her lips over his for a only a few seconds, but it was enough to make him starstruck for the rest of the day.