Saying Goodbye Hurts

"Saying goodbye hurts, but it's time," Artemis said as she grabbed his hand. Dick wiped a single tear from his left eye and squeezed her fingers.

"I can't do this without him," He cried. The tears started to come out more steady and his body flinched harshly with each sob.

Artemis ran her hand through his dark locks, "Babe-

-No, I need quiet. Mr. Fishytons deserves it," He said as he looked down at his goldfish of ten years. He hadn't had the heart to flush Mr. Fishytons down the toilet, so they were having a burial for the underwear creature. He even forced his girlfriend to get him the prettiest box. It was what Mr. Fishytons deserved.

After a good two minutes, Artemis let go of the former Boy Wonder, "I get that he was your pet of ten years, but seriously. You didn't even shed a tear when Damian's ferret died. Plus, it's fucking freezing and I'm pregnant. And with your baby, mind you."

"Our son didn't even get to meet Mr. Fishytons!" Dick sobbed louder. Artemis glared at him as he furiously wiped his face. Then she looked down at the freshly turned over dirt. This is all your fault, She thought to herself.

"Now baby Wesley will never enjoy the pleasures of seeing him go glup or see him swim in his little castle! Gah!"

"Stop being a little bitch!" Artemis grabbed him by his shoulders, "And get your hormones in check, you damn whore!" That immediately stopped his tears.

"Did you just call me a whore?"

"And a little bitch," The expecting mother nodded, "Hell, I've seen you take down serial killers ten times your size and here you are crying over a fish! He died of old age, Dick, not homicide."

"I'M MOURNING!" Dick wailed.

Artemis rolled her eyes so hard that it hurt, "Dick, you clearly don't wear the pants in this family."

"SO SUE ME! God, you don't understand! Just leave me alone with my firstborn!" Dick pleaded as he sat down on the frozen ground. The blonde placed one hand on her bump and face palmed with the other. She could only image what would happen when their actual son was born. He was going to be a blubbering mess.

"When you come back inside, I expect you to be a big boy again," She shook her head as she headed back to their house.

He stood outside for three more hours.

A/N: Some lighthearted stuff cause I've been dealing out some angst

rip Mr. Fishytons