12

The TV was on in the Kim household. Bright colours flashed across the screen, illuminating a rather dim living room. The Kim's themselves were seated around the TV, some in armchairs while some squeezed together on the sofa.

Well, most of the Kims anyway. Jin's father was on an overseas business trip, and Jin's older brother was away at law school.

The most popular singing competition in Seoul played on the TV screen.

"And right on top, we have..."

The Kims waited in anticipation.

"Kim Hyuna! Congratulations Hyuna, you have won first place in the one and only, NET Music Awards!"

"Yes! My queen, my idol, my everything! She won! I knew she would win! I knew it!"

Jin sniggered as he winessed his younger sister, Chungcha, fangirling shamelessly over her favourite idol.

Well, who could blame her? Kim Hyuna really was someone to admire.

The camera panned over to where the idol nominees were seated for the award show. It stopped at the well known boy group, EXO.

Chanyeol from EXO waved at the camera as it zoomed in on him, smiling bashfully as many fans from the audience screamed his name while still managing to look incredibly charming.

Jin was captivated. His eyes shone like stars as he savoured his favourite piece of eye candy.

"He's so handsome! Eomma, don't you agree with me?" Jin gushed. He cupped his cheeks with his hands, eyeing his favourite idol dreamily.

Chanyeol was wearing a black button up shirt with black pants and a black suit jacket. His jacket had gold embroidery which stood out against the black, and made him look almost royal while
still keeping his youthful glow.

It was just perfect.

Jin's mother chuckled. The scene in front of her really was quite funny. What with her daughter squealing and making love declarations for Kim Hyuna and her son gushing as Park Chanyeol continued waving at the camera. It was a scene some might find either extremely annoying or incredibly hilarious.

But since Chungcha and Jin were her children after all, she found their show of admiration for their idols funny rather than irritating.

"Chung-ah, you're gonna scream yourself hoarse if you continue squealing about Hyuna like that," Jin's mother chided, a fond smile adorning her face.

Jin quickly halted his fanboying and scooted slightly over to the armchair his mother was sitting on, putting a significant distance between him and his sister on the couch they were sitting on. He crossed his arms and nodded his head to his mother's words. A frown creased his forehead as he solemnly agreed with his mother in an old-uncle-giving-a-lecture voice.

"Ah.. what wise words.. Yes my dear Chungcha, you really shouldn't risk losing your voice over someone as trivial as Hyuna.." Jin said, puffing his chest out and tilting his chin up in an attempt to seem more intimidating and, well,

like he was a grandfather giving his dear grandaughter a speech on social etiquette.

"It's not like you weren't doing the exact same thing about Chanyeol!" Chungcha retorted, copying Jin and crossing her arms and holding her chin high up in the air, mimicking the actions of a defiant child.

"And Hyuna is not someone trivial, she's someone worth dying for!"

The two kept their act for a few seconds before Chungcha had the sudden urge to laugh. Her face quite resembled a tomato. Her puffed out cheeks complete with a bright red tint from trying to contain her laughter really didn't make it hard for anyone to believe that she indeed looked like the fruit.