15

The cafe was surprisingly empty. Only a young couple seated at a secluded corner, hidden behind a large potted plant was present in the little cozy coffee place.

The cafe seemed to be newly opened. Everything seemed bright and new, nothing faded or discoloured. The red brick walls were decorated with wooden plaques, which were engraved with quotes from happy customers. Gold lamps hung around the cafe and gave off a bright yellow glow, giving the whole place a friendly and comforting atmosphere.

Namjoon separated himself from Jin, and walked over to the counter where orders were taken.

Behind the counter stood a girl, probably in her early twenties. She wore a white button up
shirt, which was mostly covered by a black apron. She stood with her back facing Namjoon, as she was bent over a stove. She wiped beads of sweat off her forehead with the back of her left hand, as her other arm stretched out towards a little bowl on her right to grab a pinch of salt.

Namjoon waited for the barista to finish brewing whatever she was brewing over the stove, and take his order. She seemed to be mixing something in a large metal pot with a laddle. And it smelt absolutely amazing. A mouth watering aroma wafted out of the pot and around the cafe, relieving some of Jin's stress caused by the exam season, by replacing his anxiety with a hunger for some good food.

Jin glanced around the place a little more, since it was his first time ever setting foot into this cafe.

Small potted plants hung from the ceilings, while mini cactuses rested on the windowsills. The tables were simple and wooden, each adorned with a small potted daisy.

The chairs were the best part though. Soft, chocolate brown leather arm chairs, complete with fluffy and comfortable cushions.

Behind the counter, the barista finished stirring her concoction. She carefully poured the contents of the pot into a white soup bowl. She blew cold air over the contents of the bowl and swirled it around a little bit to cool it down. Slowly, she turned around towards the cash register as she brought the porcelain bowl to her lips.

She gave a start as she noticed Namjoon standing at the opposite side of the counter to her.

Fumbling with the bowl in her hand, she clumsily placed it onto the counter top, pushing it into the corner between the cash register and the straw dispenser.

As she straightened her apron, she pinned a name tag onto her shirt.

'Jisoo'

She greeted Namjoon cheerfully.

"Hello! Welcome to koyacafe! Please enjoy our delicious food and beverage."

From the corner of her eye she noticed a figure walking up towards her. She bowed politely in
his direction, assuming that Jin had already heard the greeting she had given Namjoon. She thought it would be weird if she repeated the greeting while Namjoon was still in her presence.

Jin smiled warmly at the friendly barista. She really completed the whole atmosphere of the cafe. Something about it just... made Jin feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. Whoever designed the layout and overall look of the cafe, did an astounding job.

"Hello there! What can I get for you two today?"

Namjoon already had his answer ready to go.

"One Caramel Machiato please. Jin? What would you like?"

Jin picked up a menu from the counter top. He scanned through every single drink and food item available carefully.

As he contemplated between a milkshake and a green tea latte, a lovely smell wafted in front of his nose, making his mouth water and his stomach growl softly.