16

Jin filled about half of his spoon with soup. The special soup Jisoo had made for him.

He brought the spoon up to his lips and took yet another whiff of the soup. It truly smelt delicious.

He parted his lips and drank up the soup on his spoon.

His body softened and relaxed the moment the soup touched his tongue. The taste, the flavour, the aroma... it was all so familiar.

Familiar, and comforting.

It definitely reminded him of something... he just didn't know what.

It reminded him of something he had been craving, and longing for, for a long time.

The memory of whatever it reminded him of was right at the back of his head, it was there but... he couldn't quite pull it towards him, nor could he make out what it was from a distance.

All he knew was it brought him back to years ago, when he was a child, or maybe even a young teenager.

Jin didn't have the best memory. It frustrated him how he couldn't put his finger on exactly what this familiar feeling was reminding him of.

While he pondered over his thoughts and memories, he continuously brought spoonfulls of soup up to his mouth, of which he gulped down every last drop.

This warm feeling in his throat, the tingle in his belly. It was his body exclaiming in happiness that it had met with this specific soup again.

Even that felt familiar.

He felt warm, safe, and happy.

Like someone had just placed a soft blanket around his shoulders.

Soon, his spoon began scraping against the bottom of the bowl.

Jin sighed in satisfaction, pushing the now empty bowl slightly away from him so that he could continue with his revision.

He would definitely be visiting the cafe again for that soup.

He took a sip of his vanilla milkshake before plugging his headphones back into his ears, and directing his full attention back to studying.

All the while, Namjoon drank small sips of his latte as it was still quite hot. The two didn't talk much, but... There really wasn't a need for communication.

A heavy silence hung in the air around their table, but it wasn't uncomfortable or awkward.

They didn't need to talk, eachother's presence was enough company for them.

Since Jin hadn't been expecting Namjoon to ask him out for lunch after school, so he hadn't come prepared with revision materials.

That was why Namjoon packed so many science revision guides and practice questions in his bag. Because he knew Jin would need them.

Jin always told him about how he made the best annotations and notes, and that he would borrow
his notes to copy into his own notebook.

The only problem was, Namjoon's handwriting was... something else.

An untidy, messy scrawl scratched across sheets of lined paper, or scribbled next to blocks of texts. Jin had no idea how Namjoon's teachers read his assignments, they must have had super powers.

The few times Jin had managed to decipher the annotations Namjoon had written, whatever he had read would remain in his mind, etched into his memory, and he would not forget the information.

Namjoon's notes were incredibly effective. If only he could read them.

Despite Namjoon's... beautiful handwriting, Jin never gave up on trying to read his notes and annotations.