26

Knock, knock, knock
Namjoon looked up from where his hands lay on his lap in surprise. It had only been a minute or two since his mother left the house. There was no way she could be back so fast.

Besides, she never forgot to bring her keys.

Knock, knock
'Hello? Is anyone home?' A familiar voice called through the mahogany door.

At the sound of that sweet, gentle, yet undeniably male voice, Namjoon immediately got up on his feet and padded over to the door in his pyjamas and bedroom slippers in a slight run.

A cold rush of air brushed past him, tousling his hair as he unlocked the door and swung it open, sending a flurry of goosebumps across his arms.

Across from him, stood his best friend, bundled up in a puffy black parka while a thick wool beanie was wrapped snugly around his head, covering the tips of his ears. The tip of his nose was a light shade of pink from the cold.

He smiled a small smile, barely meeting his eyes, maybe because his face was numb from the frosty air outside. Yet, his eyes still twinkled with happiness all the same.

'C-cold...' he managed to stutter, before his teeth promptly began to chatter.

Instantly, perhaps even instinctively, Namjoon lunged forward and grabbed Jin's in a strong, warm grip, and tugged him through the doorway.

Jin's hand was bare, Namjoon now realised.
What an idiot Namjoon thought to himself.

He soon became painfully aware of Jin's idiocy, though. Jin's ungloved hands that he held inevitably resulted in electrifying skin to skin contact.

Despite how he felt like his hand was on fire, Namjoon could still feel that Jin's was icy cold. Of course, due to him not wearing gloves or bringing a heat pack.

Shutting the door, Namjoon grabbed Jin by the shoulders and turned him towards him, before engulfing both his frozen hands in his own bigger and warmer ones.

'Jin-hyung, how is it that you're older than me?'

At this, Jin only looked up at him in confusion, all while Namjoon rubbed a thumb over the backs of his hands.

'Well, technically I'm not older than you by much...'

'Oh? What happened to a few months count, I'm still your hyung.'

Whoops.

'Um... Well... Hey! You acknowledged that I'm older than you. Since I'm older, I get to decide when that rule applies.' Jin smirked.

One of Namjoon's hands that was enveloping Jin's suddenly lifted. Cold air immediately whooshed over the back of Jin's hand, sending shivers down his spine.

He was just about to demand that Namjoon put his hands back on his, when Namjoon...

A finger poked his nose, and suddenly his freezing body lit with a burning fire.

Namjoon said nothing as he lavished Jin's nose with a 'boop'.

All became quiet as Jin's whines came to an abrupt halt, and a fresh coat of pink spread across his cheeks.

Having no idea how to deal with the situation and desperately not wanting to make things more awkward than they already were, Jin changed the subject, his aspirations of asserting his 'hyungness' long gone.

"So I came here to study... uh, english?" it sounded more like a question than a statement.

He could practically feel the tips of his ears beginning to redden as Namjoon had the audacity to push his hair out of his eyes. Right in front of him and his panicking gay heart.