19

[a/n] this chapter is in nj's point of view.

whenever i put a character's name in         bold at the top before the chapter actually begins, it means i am writing in that character's perspective.

the point of view might change between characters within one chapter, but i'm not sure if i'm going to do that.

okay! i hope you enjoy this chapter (*'∇`*)

Namjoon

I've always wished my mother would give me more of her time.

Whether it be a day with her, a couple hours, or even just a few minutes. All I ever wanted, was just to spend time with her.

Throughout my childhood, she was a workaholic, obsessed with completing tasks way before they were due.

Family time: something meant to be treasured and frequent, some might say recurring. It's supposed to be time spent together, bonding and making happy memories with the people you love and care about the most.

Memories that you can hold dear to your heart, forever.

I never got the chance to make those memories. There was never anyone to make them with.

My mother was never home, and my father was almost never even in the country. He was almost always on an 'overseas business trip', or such nonsense.

I could go a whole year without speaking to him at all.

It never occured to me that I could still talk to him through apps like Facetime and Skype. I didn't even know of the existence of these applications until I entered Secondary school.

I know, so much for being a genius.

Although, I don't think I'm really the right person to blame for my lack of childhood knowledge in the world of technology. Back then, the only devices in our possession were a Nokia mobile phone for my mother, as well as a desktop computer, for her to continue working even at home.

Oh yeah, did I mention she was always working?

Whether she was sitting up straight and rigid at an office, or pulling the bedcovers over head at home, she was always working, using her mobile phone to answer emails, or to write drafts for reports that she really need not be so stressed, about whenever location or position didn't allow her to use her desktop.

Always, always, always working, instead of looking after her only son.

Because all the electronics I could get my hands on were constantly being used for 'practical' purposes, I had nothing to experiment with technology with.

This meant that I had no business knowing about these magical virtual speaking devices either.

~