25

5 months later...

It was the most dreaded time of the school year. Finals were imminent.

More specifically, it was the night before the english examination, feared widely across the school.

Well, feared by all but one. And everyone from the bottom class to the top, to even the teachers, knew who that one person was.

The cool autumn air was starting to turn even colder, and the winds were starting to blow just a little bit harsher.

Once again, Jin was struggling. He was one of the many who feared that particular exam, as well as this particular weather.

He shivered under his blankets at night, and shivered some more at his desk during the day as he studied.

Tonight was different, though. Instead of sitting at his desk littered with binders, folders and text books, he decided to join his family in the living room and continue his english revision there.

He thought that some time away from the cramped confines of his room would do him some good.

The english words in the word list the school had handed out to the students to aid them in their revision were swimming around his vision. He found himself unable to focus. Nothing he read stayed in his mind no matter how hard he tried. Maybe some social interaction would help get his mind back in working order.

He sat between his mother and his brother on the sofa and briefly glossed over the words he intended to engrave into his memory.

While a certain someone barely even needed to revise for the english exam, intense studying was required for him to get a decent grade.

Although, he had improved tremendously. His vocabulary range was now much larger and wider than before, and his grammar was pretty decent.

The level of his ability to read and write was more than adequate, thanks to constant tutoring from Namjoon. His spelling was almost top of the class, second after Namjoon, of course. In fact, his english in general was more than decent, good enough to potentially get an A on the written exam.

He now only faced one obstacle.

'Un-belieee-bu-ble'

Pronunciation and articulation.

He definitely wouldn't pass the spoken exam with flying colours.

It was a cool Tuesday evening, just after dinner. He was sitting on the sofa, textbook in hand. His family sat around him, supposedly there to give him emotional support.

Everyone was home now, including his father. They were all taking time out of their night to listen to Jin's attempts of speaking english.

Now, whether they were really motivating him or just hindering the efficiency of his studying... that was debatable.

'Fake-u'

No one said a word. The entire room had gone silent.

No one corrected him or made fun of him. After all, no one really could. Their knowledge in english wasn't very profficient either. They had no way of knowing whether Jin's pronunciations were correct or wrong.