23

Jin lay in his bed, his head buried in his pillow and a white fluffly alpaca stuffie clutched tightly in his arms.

He hadn't spoken much since he had gotten home, only making an exception to greet his mother with his usual 'Mom, I'm home.'

Night was quickly falling, bathing the entire neighbourhood in a soft moonlight glow. The wind from earlier in the afternoon was still pressnt, now a gentle breeze rustling the leaves in the trees dotted around the area.

Jin lifted his head out of the comfort of his pillow to realise that some of the moon's light had spilled into his room through the gaps in the curtains covering his window.

He looked around at his surroundings. It was dark, he couldn't see any further than the foot of his bed clearly.

How long had he been lying here? Dinner was usually ready before dark. His mother should have called him down to the kitchen by now.

Maybe it just got darker faster than usual. Afterall, winter was approaching. Dinner was probably still being prepared then.

Speaking of which, dinner would probably be ready really soon.

Sighing, he lifted himself into a sitting position, using his arms as support beams as he leaned back into a relaxed position.

He took in a breath through his nose and furrowed his brows in mild annoyance. The room had gotten pretty stuffy.

Perhaps he had forgotten to open to windows before throwing himself onto his bed.

He looked down at himself. Crumpled school uniform was still wrapped around his frame.

So was a jacket that did not belong to him.

His fingers reached up to brush against a pair of long sleeves, and then against a metal zipper, warm from him lying on it for a good couple hours.

He hadn't even bothered to unzip the jacket.

Untangling his legs from the blankets, he swung his legs over the bed and stood up.

He decided that he should change before his mother saw him still in his school uniform.

If she did, she would most probably have a fit that he had went to lie down on his bed still wearing his dirty 'outside' clothes.

His feet shuffled across the floor to the window. He reached out with his hand to feel the window latch.

As he had suspected, he hadn't opened the window.

The sound of the window opening filled the quiet room as Jin pushed it open. Fresh air flowed into his nostrils instantaneously, ridding him of some of the grogginess he had acquired from lying in his bed and doing nothing for so long.

The room was now bathed in the gentle moonlight, just like the rest of the neighbourhood.

Moving over to the dresser that held his
clothes, he pulled out a pair of comfortable sweatpants and a light blue sweat shirt.

He changed swiftly. As he pulled the sweat shirt over his head, he noticed that his phone which had been lying on his desk had lit up.

Pushing his head through the the shirt, he moved over to the desk and picked up his phone.

He switched it on and read the notification.

Hobi🌞🌞🌞
HELLO! I'M FINALLY FREE TO FACETIME!

Jin gave a little smile.