17

Jin smiled as he remembered how Namjoon comforted him.

The feeling of being held in his arms, and the feeling of security being held tightly in his embrace.

It was all permanently etched into his memory.

-

The two best friends left Namjoon's house together for school the morning after their sleepover.

They had overslept, so they hadn't really had the chance to have much of a conversation that morning.

They had managed to slip through the school gates just in time before it closed, only to be opened if the tardy student accepted a late-slip.

Throughout the day, Namjoon kept checking on Jin. After every lesson, he would walk up to Jin from his seat just behind him and ask him how he was feeling.

Jin felt truly loved and cared for. It was a nice feeling.

He would feel all warm and happy whenever Namjoon would bend over, and ask him gently and soothingly if he felt any better than the day before.

-

That day when the dismissal bell rang, Jin made his way to koyacafe. This time, he was by himself, without Namjoon by his side.

Usually the two of them would take their time to slowly pack up their things, and then stroll over to the locker area in the hallway after the huge crowds of students had dispersed.

However this time, Namjoon had been asked to return home immediately after school ended. His mother had bombarded him with messages and miss calls, demanding him to get home as soon as he possibly could without sneaking out of school during curriculm hours.

Jin had never seen Namjoon's mother so anxious and bothered by anything before.

It was a little strange too, how Namjoon's mother hadn't called up the school and requested for an early dismissal.

Even if anything had happened, Namjoon's mother wouldn't be in such a frenzy about it.

In fact, she would probably be the last person in the entire world to care about it at all.

She usually never really bothered about Namjoon of her family much in the first place, only worrying just a little if he passed his curfew by at least an hour.

The few times Jin had heard her speak to him, he could tell that her voice had an annoyed and lazy tone, as if she couldn't be bothered to worry about her own son.

She never made time for him, and never showed much concern about him.

This bothered Namjoon of course, but he never really talked about it. He found it difficult to wonder about how much he truly mattered to his mother, and to admit that he felt like an unimportant pest to her.

This sudden change of tone of in her texts and voice mails, definitely sent a chill down Jin's spine.

Something really serious or unfortunate must have happened for Namjoon's mother to react this way.