13

All too soon, it was time for the literature exam. As Jin skimmed through his notes and fired a dozen questions at Namjoon one last time, a middle aged woman walked into the classroom.

She wore a rather... bold dress, it had flowers of possibly every colour of the rainbow and beyond plastered all over it. Only a selective few people in this world would actually be able to pull it off...

And she was not one of them.

Not only was she wearing an obnoxiously bright dress, she also wore a pastel purple shade of eyeshadow on her eyelids, as well as a bright hot pink lipstick.

It looked like her makeup was inspired by a barbie doll.

To add a finishing touch to that monstrosity, she wore a pair of bright highlighter-yellow shoes with gold embelishments.

Everything including her outfit, shoes and makeup really didn't go well together at all. In fact, the many blinding neon colours clashed with eachother, so that Jin almost had to squint to be able to even steal a glance at her.

Jin turned to face Namjoon and Hoseok who were standing just behind him. He wiggled his eyebrows in a comedic fashion at the two, who immedietely caught on to what Jin was trying to say:

she looks a little... strange...

Hoseok's scrunched his face up, trying his best not to laugh. Namjoon on the other hand, didn't have as much self control as Hoseok. He bit his lip trying his best not to laugh and squeezed his eyes tightly shut so that he wouldn't see the neon woman, all in a great attempt to control his laughter.

This feeling, of having uncontrollable laughter. It felt... different and unfamiliar.

But also... amazing.

Only recently when he met Jin had he ever had the problem of uncontrollable laughter. Before Jin came into his life he hardly ever cracked a smile.

Laughter never left his lips for a solid 3 years before he met Jin.

This was the fourth month since he started laughing.

And counting.

It made him feel extremely grateful to be able to feel this euphoric feeling of happiness and joy.

But it also reminded him of the past. However, the past he remembered suddenly didn't fill him with sadness like he used to. It only reminded him of where he came from, and how much he had grown as a person.

.

He still remembered what misery and depression felt like. He wasn't living for himself, he wasn't living his life like how he wanted it to be. He used to live the life his parents wanted him to live.

The life he didn't want to live.

He rebelled against their close minded beliefs for a long time. Their ideas of him entering medical school and study medicine, or their ideas of him entering law school and becoming a lawyer. He used to be a very strong willed boy. If he wanted something, he would get it.

But that was before the first slap.

A slap across the face, from his own father.

It was jarring. It stunned him, his body had not been expecting any battery at all. His body was frozen stiff, from the shock and the impact.

Something in his father had snapped. The look in his eyes said it all.

I am at my limit. If you go against my wishes ever again, you might not want to live to see the next day. Next time, it will be more than just a slap.