27

After 30 grueling minutes of intense lessons on how to properly pronounce 'V', Jin finally seemed to have gotten it down.

Actually, he only said it right about 50% of the time. Sometimes he would be able to do it with ease, while other times he would relapse back into saying it like a hybrid of 'B' and 'P'.

Namjoon seemed slightly disappointed in himself that he had not been able to magically fix Jin's pronunciation, and it showed all over his face.

"Hey, I made progress okay?" He backed away from him a little so that he could rest a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Honestly, if you didn't help me, I wouldn't be able to say it at all."

Namjoon gave him an incredulous look. "I should be the one reassuring you, hyung. You're the one taking the exam."

"We're taking the same exam tomorrow."

"Yeah but, there's no way I'm going to fail."

Peeved, Jin eyed him with a certain envy. That was an indirect insult.

"Y'know what I have to say to that?" he seethed.

Namjoon tilted his head at him, a gesture for him to continue.

"Whatever." he attempted to drawl. Although it came out heavily accented, he managed to sustain the 'American-white-bitch' character he was trying to portray by flipping his non-existent hair.

At first, all that hung in the air was silence.

And then a snicker. And then I think you guess what happened after that.

They giggled for a while before they grew tired from laughing and clutched their bellies as they guffawed their last giggles.

Catching his breath, Jin dropped back onto the couch and made himself comfortable in a lying down position. The only thing obstructing him from ultimate comfort was that his head was squished a little too tightly against Namjoon's thigh.

He wiggled his body side to side, trying to find a good position, but no matter how hard he tried to maneuver himself on what now seemed to be a tiny couch, he simply could not find the perfect spot. 

That was when he felt two fingers tap his forehead gently. Upon the contact, he naturally tilted his head up from where he lay to look at Namjoon.

Namjoon said nothing. All he did was pat his own thigh twice.

Jin's eyes widened a little, and a familiar blush rose on his cheeks. Immediately, he turned his face away from him to hide the colour tinting his cheeks. It was a good thing that he did, because the next thing he felt was Namjoon's arm wrapping around his waist once again.

That was not the end of it. His hand somehow managed to support his entire upper body, and gently tug him closer so that his head was almost on top of his thigh, which clearly, was where Namjoon wanted him to be.

Jin sighed. It really was quite hard to resist.

Finally, he gave in and moved the rest of the way to pillow thigh heaven by himself. Much to Namjoon's relish, Jin sighed again, this time in content, as he settled in and finally got comfortable.

Throughout all this shifting, Namjoon's arm remained securely wrapped around him.

However, one thing was different this time. Instead of remaining stationary, his hand moved up and down in a gentle patting motion, one similar to how a mother would put her child to sleep.

There was something so tender about the whole thing. The atmosphere was so warm, and he felt completely at ease and relaxed. He felt himself melting into his touch.