18

"Ding!"

Jin's eyes flickered up towards the source of the sound of a bell.

He caught sight of a blue, ceramic bowl of warm soup sitting on a counter top, still steaming.

It seemed like his most favourite soup in the entire world was ready. He stood up to go collect it from the collection counter, before remembering that his arms were immobilised.

Jin groaned inwardly. He was really comfortable in this position actually. The way Namjoon had wrapped him up nice and snug was actually helping him conserve body heat.

He regretted having to move his body at all, but he had to make a sacrifice. The delicious soup waiting for him on that counter top was ultimately his top priority.

He sat back down in his seat and slipped his hand up to the neck of the jacket, where his head could pop through. Carefully, he grasped the jacket's zipper between his pointer finger and his thumb. He jerked his hand forward a little, managing to move the zipper down just a little.

With the jacket wrapped tightly around his upper body, it was inevitably extremely difficult to get any movement in his arms at all.

Not to mention that his fingers were numb from the airconditioning blowing over him every 30 seconds, which restricted his fingers' movement and reduced their strength.

Namjoon's jacket was actually a few sizes too big for him, but his rather unique build made the jacket almost a perfect fit just around his shoulders.

Their builds werent very different

The jacket was still quite oversized, but not quite baggy enough for him to be able to move his arm around and position it in a way that he could pull the zipper down further from the neck of the jacket.

Besides that, the zipper seemed to be made out of a high quality material. It simply would not budge when Jin tried prying the jacket open with two fingers from the top where he had managed to move the zipper by probably only a centimeter.

The jacket pooled at his waist, due to his 'Captain America' like frame: wide shoulders, but a rather small waist.

If only jackets were zipped down, and not up. If that were the case, he would probably be able to slip his whole arm through the bottom opening of the jacket, and un-zip it all the way up from there.

From across the table, Jin could hear Namjoon playing some sort of mobile game.

"Hmph, typical anti-social human," Jin muttered under his breath.

Namjoon snuck a glance at Jin from the corner of his eye.

"Did you say something?"

Jin tilted his head left and right in an attempt to make eye contact with Namjoon from behind the screen of his phone.

"Ah! See, because I looked up at you i died."

Jin smirked triumphantly.

"Because I looked up at you, I died! Oh poor me!" he mocked in a whiny voice.

Jin's victory was short lived though, when he realised that he was still stuck in an anti-social person's jacket.

And so the struggle continued, as Namjoon began another game with an online friend of his.

This time, he won. He threw his phone onto the table, excitedly gushing words of self love.

"Kim Namjoon, you are amazing!"

He picked his phone up off the table and checked the time.

'3:30pm'

Jin's soup should be here by now.

Namjoon's eyes diverted from his phone to the boy in front of him as he slid his phone into his pocket.

He tried and failed to supress a laugh when his eyes fell on Jin squirming around in his jacket, desperate to go and collect his precious soup waiting for him on the collection counter.

"Whoops... I forgot about that. My bad." Namjoon thought to himself.

Jin seemed to not have noticed Namjoon's chuckles, focusing all his attention on that darn zipper, the only obstacle between him and his soup.

"You know you could have just asked me to help you right?" a voice spoke uncomfortably close to Jin's ear.

"N-namjoonie! Don't do that! I-it's scary.." Jin spluttered, using the oversized jacket to his advantage and disappearing behind it's hood.

Jin buried his face between his knees, which he was able to bring up to his chest because of all the access material around his waist.

How Namjoon had walked over to Jin without him noticing was unfanthomable to him.

Namjoon placed a hand on Jin's head while another hand grasped the zipper between two fingers. He pulled the zipper down gently, being careful not to jam any of Jin's hair into it.

As the zipper made it's way down the jacket, it came to an abrupt stop just at Jin's belly.

Jin looked up at Namjoon, one of his eye brows were raised.

"You know you can just ask me to pick up your food for you right?"

Jin glared at him.

"I wanna thank Jisoo personally." he insisted.

Namjoon eyed Jin suspiciously.

"Are you sure you really want to get out of my jacket right now? Don't think I can't tell you're still shaking."

Jin nodded curtly.

"Yes, I am 100% sure, sir. Now will you please help me undo this god damn jacket so that i can go get my soup? It's getting cold as we speak!"

Chuckling at Jin's antics, Namjoon hurridly pulled at the zipper until the two ends of the jacket had detatched from eachother.

Jin shrugged the jacket off his shoulders, before standing up to head over to the collection counter.

"No no no, I'm not letting you walk over there without my jacket. You're still shivering for goodness sake!"

Namjoon pushed Jin back down onto his chair, and flung the jacket around to straighten it out.

He placed the jacket around Jin's shoulders once again, only this time he made sure to slip his arms through the sleeves.

He gave his right shoulder two gentle pats.

"Alright, you're good to go now."

Jin stood up abruptly and dashed towards the collection counter. Even though he had been freezing just moments earlier, he could feel his skin prickling from heat.

Specifically, the skin around his cheeks.

He had quite a good, and accurate idea of what was causing the burning sensation on his face, but he brushed it aside, blaming it on the fact that he had walked away from the airconditioning and was now relatively nearer to the cafe's kitchen than before.

Kitchens were usually pretty warm right? The stove, the oven, the piping hot food constantly being churned out by talented chefs to satisfy hungry customers... How could one ever feel cold next to a kitchen as busy as koyacafe's?