Twenty Eight

We arrived at the hospital and Damian was already in surgery because they had to remove the bullet from his shoulder and he needed a blood transfusion from all the blood he lost. While sitting in the waiting room I pulled my engagement ring out and put it back on my finger. Damian getting shot made me realize I didn't want to be without him and just the thought of Kenny shooting him took my mind to a whole other place that I never want to go. Kenny said he didn't want to go to jail as he was talking to me I smelled the liquor on his breath he was slurring his words and falling over. I rolled my eyes like I am not about to babysit this nigga. So I left his drunk ass right there while I went to ask what the status of Damian surgery was. The nurse said he was still in surgery and someone would come get me when he was done. Damian mom arrived and she went straight for Kenny, she hit him so hard I think everybody in the E R felt that shit. She started going off on him "Why the hell would you do that to somebody who is like a brother to you" she said. Kenny was so drunk I don't even think he felt that smack. She hugged me and asked me where Rayne at, and I told her she was with my mom. She said "thank god I would hate for her to have been there "I agreed. It was 7 in the morning; I called my mom on face time to calm my nerves while we waited so I can talk to Rayne. The face time sound when you calling somebody get so annoying. I turned the volume down and then back up when I seen Rayne face. She was drooling something serious she was talking her shit and just smiling it made me feel so much better seeing my baby girl. I turned the phone towards Damian mom she started bouncing and everything. My mom got on and I told her Damian was still in surgery and we were just waiting. She told me she was going to get ready to give Rayne a bath and call her if I needed her. 10 minutes later the nurse comes out, "you can see him now" she said. Damian mom told me to go first. I walked in the room and my baby was just laying there looking helpless. I walked towards him and rubbed his hand and whispered "I love you" in his ear. His mom walked in the room she dropped her purse and started moving him to see if he would wake up. He woke up "Mom where is Rayne" he said while sounding like he was whispering. "Baby she's with my mom where we left her" I said. "I'm so sorry baby I never meant to bring all of this on you and being shot made me realize I need to cherish what I got before it's gone" he said. I told him we didn't have to talk about that right now and we are going to focus on him getting better. He tried to lift up but you can just tell he was in a lot of pain. "Where is Kenny?" he asked. "He's in the waiting room slumped over looking stupid as hell" I replied. "Can you go get him for me" he said. I walked out his room and went to the waiting room, the police had Kenny drunk ass laying on the ground putting him in handcuffs.