Thirty Nine

Damian wanted me to hire a nanny, I was very skeptical about that because my trust issues were all over the place and I can't have any and everybody around my children. But I was willing to be open minded. We had three girls coming to be interviewed and I needed Nala, my mom, Damian mom and Damian to be there while I interviewed these heifers. The first girl had the giggles every time we asked her a question she would laugh, cover her mouth and say she was sorry. I crossed her name out with the quickness. The second girl was dressed like she was going to strip right there in front of everybody, and I'll be damned if she will be around my husband or my kids like that. The third girl she was dressed professional, she answered the questions with grace she seemed very nice. She was 25, she just graduated from college, she has a degree in finances, and she has a CDA license. She also been a nanny for the last 3 years but only on the weekends because of school. Damian didn't want to decide just, yet we had 2 more girls coming in an hour or two. The third girl name was Katrina, we told her we would be in touch we just had a few more interviews. We shook her hand and walked her out. I walked into the living room, "I don't like her" Nala and my mom said at the same time. I shook my head, what am I going to do with these two. My mom felt like she was a little off, her gut feelings were never wrong. The next girl that came was only 19 her name was Rochelle and she was still in school, she had night classes, but she seemed shy, quiet and wasn't really trying to tell us much about herself. I put a question mark by her name. the next girl that came her name was Niema she was also 25, just graduated from the same school that Katrina graduated from coming to find out they are twin sisters. My mom and Damian seemed to like Niema, she said that her and her sister were both babysitters as teenagers and they love kids. I called Katrina to come back and I had an idea to have them both as our nannies and they would split the days. We didn't need them as in-house nannies because nobody was moving their ass in my house. Katrina would take Monday-Tuesday and Niema would do Wednesday-Thursday from 8AM to 5PM.

The first week seemed okay, I wanted to see how the children would take to them, Niema and Katrina both had dreads. The twins didn't want them touching them. But Rayne on the other hand she was a little more open and she like Katrina. she had tea parties with Rayne, and she was teaching her shapes, numbers etc. she would tell Niema what she had been doing with Rayne so when she came on her days it would be consistent. Jayla was still in that I only want mommy stage; she didn't want anything to do with the twins. Jaylin took to Niema more than Katrina. I had to keep Jayla with me while I worked in my office every day. Her attachment was okay with me, I am her mom. My mom came over a couple weeks later because she wanted to tell me something. "Lovebug I will be moving to North Carolina with your grandmother, it's nothing here for me and I will always come visit you and my grandkids can come visit for the summer" she said. I gave her this look like "Excuse me lady? Why are you leaving me here ma" I said? You could hear the hurt in my voice I didn't understand why she wanted to move all the way down NC. But she had to live her own life and all I could do was support her. I will be calling her every hour on the hour. She stayed a little while before heading to NC with my grandmother. I cried the whole night.
Two days later Damian came home, and he tells me he had some up and coming business trips. I threw my hands up, first Nala goes back to her apartment, my mom moves to NC and now Damian want to come in talking about a business trip give me a break. I caught an attitude and went to my room and slammed the door, put my face in my pillow and screamed! "Babe please don't act like that these trips are only for two days each and I'm going because I have to put things in place for us if we really want to have a house here and a house in Florida" Damian said as he lifted my head out of the pillow. "You're right babe, but I hate that you won't be here anything can happen while you are miles away from the kids and me" I replied. He said that I will always be protected at all times. I hope he was right. I heard a loud noise like something hit the floor then I heard one of the babies crying. We ran down the steps and there was Jayla crawling on the floor crying, I forgot I put her on the couch for a nap. Damian telling me about his trips made me forget to take her up to her room. "Omg mommy sorry snookum" I said as I rubbed her head. I checked to see if she had any knots or bruises thank god, we had a soft fluffy rug in the living room by the couch, but I was still in my feelings she got hurt. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" Rayne was calling me from her room like she didn't know how to come down the steps. "Come on stink come down the stairs" I said. "No mommy pick me up" she said. Rayne was acting weird as hell. I walked up the steps with Jayla on my hip to grab Rayne hand to bring her down the steps. I noticed that she had a bruise on her arm. "Damian!" I yelled. "What's wrong love" he asked. I showed him Rayne arm and asked him did he see this before. It wasn't a fresh bruise, but it wasn't exactly an old one either. "Rayne tell daddy what happened to your arm, who did this to you" Damian asked her. "Katrina hit me daddy she said I was being bad." I lost it; I ran out back to where Katrina was last seen but she wasn't there. Where the fuck is this bitch at, I want her fired. "Baby calm down" Damian said. I was so loud I woke Jaylin up. Damian went to go get him. We went down to the basement to check the cameras, and there was Katrina pinching my baby. I felt my heart beating fast as fuck, I was breathing heavy, I saw red. This was the wrong time for my mom to leave. I called Nala and she came right over I showed her the video and she was pissed off too. She did not play when it came to her nieces and nephew. The way she was pinching her was like she was trying to rip Rayne skin off. I was shaking so bad. I couldn't calm down. Why would this bitch ever think it's okay to put her hands on my fucking child? I started pacing the floor. I will not have nobody putting their hands on my kids. Damian was rubbing my back trying to calm me down. I told Damian I wanted to check all the footage since they been here to make sure nothing else was done to any of my kids. He seen Katrina putting her hand over Jaylin face while he was crying like she was trying to smother him. "Fuck No! babe I'm going to fucking kill her" I snapped. "Babe we will call the police" he said. "Fuck calling the police I can't let this slide at all. We called Katrina phone a few times but all we got was her answering machine. Niema on the other hand she was nice to my children and everything we seen on video from her was that she treated our kids well. But her sister is a dead bitch. That night the kids all ended up sleeping with us. I made a doctor's appointment for all 3 of them just to get a check-up to make sure everything was okay. The doctor said I had nothing to worry about and she gave me something to help Rayne bruise go away and Tylenol in case she gets a fever. It was Niema day and I asked her did she know where her sister was. I didn't care how she took it, but I was beating her sister ass for putting her hands on my babies. She said Katrina text her and said she had to go out of town for a few days and she didn't know. Niema was very apologetic for her sister actions. I told Niema she could take her two days off while I figured some things out. She said she understood.