Fifty Six

After that magical night, my husband and I had I woke up at about 5 Am to check on everybody when I noticed my front door cracked open. I ran back up the steps quick woke Damian up and told him. He told me to lay back down, he got up. I sucked my teeth like boy bye I'm going with you. We were the only ones on the top floor everybody else were downstairs. Damian went first and I was right behind him. We opened Nala door first and she was actually up feeding Ella. "What's wrong?" Nala said. "Sis the front door was open when I came downstairs." I said. Nala still had Ella in her hand we went across the basement to check on Angela, Mavis and Alijah. They were up too. Dre normally leaves he don't always stay the night. He was gone but Uncle Jacob was sleep on the couch. We woke him up and told everybody what was going on. We all were right behind each other with the kids in the middle. We went into the camera room to check and see what was going on and somebody bashed all of our camera feed in that room. Little did they know we had it on our phone too. We checked our phone and There was James in my house, eating out of my damn refrigerator. Uncle Jacob called his son Justin aka my cousin, he told him to come over.

When Justin arrived, I knew his face from somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it. He sat on the couch and asked, "What's up dad?" Uncle Jacob said, "Son what is your Uncle up to and why didn't you tell me that he was out." According to Justin, James wasn't supposed to get out until next week and he wasn't aware that he got out. All Justin knew was he was after Nala and he was still calling him from jail. I wasn't going to let James bring his toxic ass back around and try to hurt my sister. Apart of me wanted revenge and the other half just wanted to be done with the unnecessary drama. Uncle Jacob and Justin left and said they had some business to handle. I pulled Damian to the side and I told him "it's time" he didn't say one word. He told me to just go up stairs and start packing our clothes and everything we need for the kids and their things and we would be leaving the furniture behind. Nala came up and asked what was I doing? I told her to sit down and I was going to tell her. "So, sis Damian and been talking about this for awhile now and its time we move far away and just be happy. A place where nobody would think of and it's been in the works. I was hoping you would go with us" I said. Nala looked at me and said, "Sis of course, I will go with you, I don't even care where were going." She stood up to hug me and said she was going to start packing.

Angela came up and seen me packing. She wanted to know what was going on and I told her as well. She started crying because she said she didn't want me to. Angela still have a house in Florida, but she's been here with us being a great support system to me. Angela has showed her loyalty since day one, even though I was skeptical at first because I thought Damian was fucking her, but I was wrong. "When are you leaving" she said with watery eyes. "Tomorrow" I replied. She told me she was going to miss me and that I better keep in contact. I had the same conversation 3 more times with Dre, Mavis and the kids. The kids were sad about us leaving but it's what I felt was best for them and their baby sister. I was praying so hard for it to just be a peaceful day with no drama. I shut down all my stores after that last incident with Tammi and just decided to do online shipments only, it was less stressful. Damian came into our bedroom and said he had to show me something. He pulled out his phone and showed me this house that was so beautiful and just sitting alone on a beach and the only way you could get there is across the ocean. It was black and white, my mouth dropped because every house we had Damian has customize them and this one was no different. "When did you have time to do this?" I asked with the biggest smile on my face. "Babe I been working on this for awhile now and you said you were ready to go right when I was going to surprise you. So, I thought to myself this was perfect timing" he said. I hugged him and then gave him a kiss, "I love you husband." I said. "I love you so much more baby" he replied.

I was finally done packing up everything for me and the kids, Nala was finished too. It was bittersweet leaving this house because we have created some great memories but so much trauma here and I was ready to just let go and start fresh. I love my alone time. when I went downstairs on my way to the kitchen, there was Mavis and Angela with suitcases. "We can't let you just leave like this sis; you have become my family and I just wouldn't feel right not being able to see you when I want too." Angela said before giving me a hug. Mavis said, "Yea man, I have to protect you even though you are my big sister." I felt so happy because I really didn't want to leave them behind because lately, we all been bonding, and it has been great. I know running isn't the answer, but neither is revenge which is why I let Tammi go and I don't want to end up killing my dad and risk being locked up for a lifetime and can't see my kids. I've been angry, I've been in a dark place seeking a way out and it's time to see the light and reach my full potential. I have everything, A husband, beautiful kids, a successful business that I started myself, money and everything but it means nothing if you're not happy and it was time that I start soul searching.