Chapter Eleven: Fourth Cousins

At Tom Riddle's request, she joined him in wherever they were going but not before she unlocked the door and left a note for Archer.

Tom held out his hand for her to take and as soon as their grip was safe he disapparated them both out of Ophelia's office.

When they apparated into a familiar place for Tom, but an unknown place for Ophelia, she let go from his hand and looked around her.

A large manor house stood in front of her and as she turned around there was a long path with large bush hedges keeping the path in line. She faintly saw the gates at the end of the path. Before she could take in any more details Tom coughed to grab her attention.

Tom opened the door and led her into the manor house, she took in the framework and the paintings. She recognised the familiar ash blonde hair in the paintings and she realised this was Malfoy Manor. He led her into what she believed was the main sitting room.

She stood behind him as he stood in the door frame. As people greeted Tom and questioned where he had been, no one but Orion noticed Ophelia standing behind Tom.

Orion stood up and Ophelia caught his stares. His mouth was agape with shock as took her in after all these years. "Ophelia," Orion let out, causing the conversation among the group to come to a halt and looked at her as Tom stepped away.

Ophelia smiled as Orion hurried towards her. He embraced her in his arms as the two hugged. He began to whisper his apologies into her ear. As they pulled her way she nodded her head and smiled to reassure him that it was okay.

"Ophelia Lockwood," Malfoy stood up, "welcome to my house, it's so nice to see you again, after last month's awkward encounter."

Walburga picked up two glasses filled with wine and walked over to Ophelia, a big smile on her face. She handed over one of the glasses over to Ophelia and lifted her glass to her to raise a toast, "Ophelia, my dear cousin, how've you been?"

Ophelia raised her glass up to Walburga's and gave a faint smile, "I've been quite well, Walburga, like I asked Alatar, congratulations on your marriage."

"Thank you," Walburga smiled, "and as to you with yours, your rings are beautiful, professor

Oliphant is one lucky man."

"Oh, thank you," Ophelia smiled.

"Please, Ophelia sit down," Tom gestured to the empty space on the sofa.

Ophelia did as she was told and the group waited eagerly for someone to speak up.

"So what's your two kids' names, Oliphant? Tom tells us you have two," Odgar stood from the window seat.

"Emma and Nikolai," Ophelia smiled.

"And how old are they?" Abraxas asked.

"Nikolai, my youngest, is two next month, and Emma is four in May," Ophelia gave a thin smile.

"Oh joy!" Walburga smiled, "Emma will be the year above Sirius, and Nikolai will be the year above Regulus at Hogwarts. I hope the four can be friends, after all you and Orion were once so close, and they are related, distantly." Walburga continued to smile as she placed her hand on Orion's thigh, reassuring him that she was, in fact, being sincere.

"I didn't realise you had children, someone failed to mention that, but congratulations both, glad to see you're keeping the Black family tradition," Ophelia smiled to Walburga all whilst giving Malfoy the side-eye, "on the other hand, you're glowing, pregnancy suits you well, how far along are you?"

"Well isn't that adorable," Malfoy cut Walburga up and gave a fake smile to Ophelia, "but it's unfortunate that our Lucius will not be attending school with your daughter."

"It really is," Lakyn gripped her husband's arm, "he's eight now, only three more years to go."

"Yes, it's an awful shame that my daughter won't be able to put your son in his place, especially if he takes after you, Malfoy," Ophelia bit back, "however, I'm sure Raine's daughter will gladly do it for Emma."

Orion tried to hold back his laugh, whilst Tom let his go as he looked at Abraxas' mortified face.

"Good to know you haven't changed, Lockwood," Tom raised his glass toward her.

Abraxas scoffed, "that incompetent girl will obviously never change, she'll still be the same immature, loud-mouthed, aggressive girl she has always been."

"Wow Malfoy, still hung up on the sixth year hexing?" Ophelia laughed as she took a sip of her drink.

Odgar stood from where he sat, "it was quite a remarkable show, it's still one of the many highlights of my school years."

"Before I was interrupted, I was going to say I'm 3 months gone," Walburga smiled, "and thank you, Ophelia. Do you and Emory plan to have anymore children?"

Ophelia shook her head, "no, we don't," Ophelia smiled, "three's enough for me."

Walburga perked up and leaned towards Ophelia, "three? I thought you had two?"

Ophelia laughed to herself, "yes, I do! As you can see, and probably relate to, I'm constantly tired due to them both and work."

All the parents in the room, including; Walburga; Orion; Abraxas; Lakyn; Alatar and Lacey, all laughed as they agreed. Children were indeed tiring. Tom on the other hand, watched Ophelia through the glass of whiskey he was sipping on next to the fireplace, he swallowed the neat whiskey, the substance not effecting him at all. He placed the cup on the ledge of the fireplace, tongue pressed against his inner cheek as he and Ophelia kept their eyes on one another.