Chapter Thirty-Eight: You've Been Using Dark Magic

Tom had apparated both himself and Ophelia into a random field, in the middle of nowhere. Ophelia looked around at her surroundings but couldn't see anything for miles. All she could hear was the sound of waves crashing due to the violent winds and the strong smell of salt in the air. They were by the sea, but they could be at any beach in any part of the country.

Tom moved his hand from Ophelia's and onto her wrist. He dragged her through the field towards a tree nearby.

As they got closer, people began to come out from behind the tree. One by one the Death Eaters all lined themselves up either side of the tree.

Once they reached the tree, Tom let go of her wrist. Ophelia examined the tree, the inside was hollow as though it had been burnt from the inside, but yet, the tree was still very much alive.

Ophelia turned around to examine her surroundings once more - she couldn't see anything that she could recognise but it was no use. As she turned back to look at Tom something caught her eye. She looked back and now saw two more individuals who had obviously just apparated from somewhere.

As she focused on the two people she could make them out to be Rowle and Selwyn, but they were not alone. The sounds of a woman's screams grew louder and louder the closer they got, the two Death Eaters were dragging a woman by her arms as she stumbled to get to her feet. Her arms were tied with rope and her shirt was covered in blood.

"Looks like you were right, my Lord," Selwyn snickered, "little Clarice was more involved than we thought."

Ophelia watched in horror. Clarice was bloodied and bruised. Her blouse was ripped and her hair a mess. She was barely recognisable from the swelling on her face, no doubt inflicted by Selwyn himself. Blood dripped from her mouth as she saw Ophelia and pleaded for her life.

"Ophelia," she cried, "I haven't done anything - please help me."

Ophelia ran towards her but Tom knocked her down. "Nott, grab ahold of her!" Tom ordered.

Odgar did as he was told and struggled to try to keep hold of her. He held her with her arms behind her back as she tried her best to break free. Odgar was strong, he had done this many times before and Ophelia wasn't going to break free easily.

Ophelia began sending her apologies to Clarice, she was going to try and make things okay. She didn't know how yet but she would try her best to ensure both herself and Clarice could escape.

Ophelia turned her head to Tom. Tears brewed in her eyes as she pleaded for Clarice's life. Tom was visibly upset, but not because of Clarice.

"I trusted you!" Tom screamed at Ophelia. "I put my utmost faith in you - I thought you had changed." Tom watched how Ophelia moved her head back to Clarice and focused on her rather than him. Anger rushed over him, he sent his palm full force across Ophelia's face. "I am speaking to you!" Tom declared, "you haven't changed - not one bit. So come on Ophelia tell us the great plan to stop me now, you and Clarice have been working together all this time have you not?"

Ophelia shook her head. "I've been working alone," Ophelia answered back, "Clarice is innocent, it was all me!" Ophelia sobbed louder, "please Tom, she doesn't deserve this."

Tom laughed. The same evil laugh that still haunted her. "You're lying, Ophelia!" Tom spat, "I know a liar when I see one, and that is exactly what you are - you're a bullshitting liar."

"You only think Clarice is the mole because these past couple of months I have been undercover under the disguise of a polyjuice potion!" Ophelia screamed. "I have gathered photographic evidence and have stolen multiple documents from not only you but Malfoy and Avery too." Ophelia watched Tom's fist clench tighter, "the evidence is with Shafiq, where it's been waiting collecting dust for me to finalise all my evidence against you so it can be revealed how you're behind the killings."