Chapter Thirty: A Distant Memory

It was definitely a shock for all of them. Michael was upstairs retrieving the folder and vile from the floorboard whilst Emory began to stress and Harlen sighed a sigh of relief when he realised Ophelia had been working against Tom and not for him.

Michael came back downstairs and into the kitchen holding the folder and the vile up in both of his hands. The file was the exact same as Adonis' except his was labelled "Photos & Documents" whilst Michael's was only labelled "Photos".

Michael handed the vile straight to Morgandy, "Ophelia said that once Adonis shows us his folder that I have to show you my folder and give this vile to you," Michael remembered his instructions. "She said it's a memory, from an event that Tom had organised, apparently you're the only one who can see this without a pensive."

Morgandy took the vile from Michael's hand, "I can't believe all of this, she's keeping us involved even though she wasn't able to tell us right away."

"I would have told you sooner, you know would have, but I knew that Ophelia was definitely doing something for the greater good," Michael said honestly.

"Michael, no one is going to have a go now," Emory began. "Ophelia came to you because she trusted you the most, Tom is always following her or us, not to say this in a bad way but Tom literally didn't know who you were until he turned up at the house."

"Yeah, I'm kind of glad about that," Michael shrugged, he then opened his folder and pulled out the photos, "I think Ophelia is definitely onto something though."

Michael split the photos into ten piles and then handed them out around the group. When Morgandy didn't receive a pile she looked at Michael with a weird look, "Michael, do I not get a pile?"

Rune turned to Morgandy and pointed at the vile as if it wasn't obvious, "I think the whole purpose of Ophelia wanting you to have her memory is so you could look at it and experience it for yourself."

"Oh yeah, leave me alone it's five in the morning," Morgandy rolled her eyes.

Michael laughed and kissed his wife on the top of her head, and the group began to examine their pile of photos. The group all silently examined the photos of Tom and the rest of the Death Eaters. Morgandy decided that now was the best time to look at Ophelia's memory without being distracted.

So, Morgandy silently slipped away whilst the group began to discuss the photos and what could potentially be going on among them. Morgandy walked upstairs and quickly checked in on her children. Newborn Evelyn was peacefully sleeping in her cot, whilst Starr and Abner were cuddled up together on Starr's bed. It happened often, making Morgandy and Michael wonder why they ever gave Abner his own room.

Morgandy closed the door and went into her bedroom that she shared with her husband. Walking over to her bed, Morgandy took off her slippers and dressing gown, placing the latter on the chair by her bed. Morgandy climbed onto the bed and laid down on her back. She slowed down her breathing by counting to 50, and once she finally felt ready to look at Ophelia's memory she opened the vile's lid, smelling the contents and then placing the lid back on top and closed her eyes.

When Morgandy opened her eyes again, she was looking in the mirror seeing a reflection that she did not recognise although there was something familiar about her, it wasn't her and it wasn't Ophelia. The woman in the reflection was beautiful, blonde and petite before she could properly examine herself there was a knock at the door and the woman sounding extremely Welsh, Ophelia, invited the knocker in.

"You of all people should know, Oliphant, that a polyjuice potion may change your appearance but it does not change your voice," Alexander Calvert, the knocker, said as he pointed to her. "Ophelia, you must remember to never dip out of your northern accent, after all my wife is from Newcastle."