7

Mcgonagall POV:

I have been extremely proud of my sons grades and how he is behaving. So proud! And all of the other seem to agree because we're all talking about him in the staff room

"Harry's performance in potions is phenomenal! I still can't believe our little boy is growing up so fast... it seems like it was only yesterday he was brought into hogwarts and snatched all of our hearts!"

"I agree, even in herbology he is amazing! You raised quite an exceptional boy minevera! Very smart for his age as well!"

What could I say, he is a wonderful intelligent boy. It makes me proud to call him my son. We all continued to talk until the ball rang alerting us to get back to class to teach some of the students.

At times like this, for me to calm down from students were to be thinking of how my son is better than all of this dunderheads! Oh dear me, I sound like Severus now... but it's true. Reading their essays makes it seems like I'm trying to read a five years old kid story, nothing they write makes sense! I ask the third year students for a three page essay on the theory of animagi and what do I get... a one page essay with the steps on how to turn into a animagus along with their excuse of not being able to find  time to write their essay. But when I ask my son to write the theory of animagi... I get a five page essay with all of the theories along the steps on how to turn into an animagus.

Luckily the day just flies right on by and I'm on my way to my office in the gryffindor tower where I spot my son waiting for me. We both head into my office for tea where he requests if I can allow him to spend Christmas with the young Malfoy heir. I see no reason to not let him go, the malfoy himself has exceeded in my class and shows manners not only to me, but to all of the professors as well as handing his homework on time. And it may do good for Harry to spend his time elsewhere other than the castle so I let him. I'm not going to deny that I will miss him for a bit but it will do me good to find a gift for him. I would've bought him a nimbus 2000 but Severus has already planned to after his stunt during flying class that lead him to be the youngest seeker of the century on the slytherin team. Whilst I was thinking of what to get him, Severus came into my office not long after my son left

"Hello Severus, what can I do for you?"

"Have you felt it, it's been a long time"

"Yes I have felt it, however it is very faint. I'm just worried to how young Harry will react"

"I do as well but we have to tell him. We have to tell him the entire truth, we cannot have him slide to the wrong side. If we tell him, perhaps he will want to join?"

"I have no doubt he'll want to join but there is that little hint of doubt that he'll choose the wrong decision. Should we tell him after he comes back?"

"After who comes back cause they're both gone or are you talking about Harry? Is Harry going somewhere?"

"Yes. Harry is going to stay with the young malfoy for Christmas but I requested him to come back so he can celebrate with the professors as well since we are his family. As for the other questions... let's wait until the end of the year where it's most safe. We don't want anyone overhearing what we are about to tell him after all, since it could be dangerous for him"

"Alright Minnie. I shall bid you a goodnight. If this feeling happens again but more stronger let's say, then we have to tell Harry the truth, he could help us after all"

"Agreed, goodnight Severus"

With that, he made his dramatic move and left. Honestly, why does that man has to be so dramatic all the time. But what he says is right, this feeling will not be the first time and I'm scared for my son. How will he react?