chapter seven

FIVE YEARS AGO

FIVE YEARS AGO

Prime strolled along the streets as she saw Vanya walking across the road. She was doing her routine task on keeping an eye on her siblings for their father—But it was also for Prime mainly to get out of the house.

She leaned on a tree trunk in front of a Discount Max wearing sunglasses as she saw her sister slowly make her way to a Pawn Shop. Prime lowered her shades and saw she was staring at The Umbrella Academy comic books, on sale there.

Prime lifted her cup of coffee drinking it as she observed Vanya. Soon enough, her sister turned away walking into the store and waited until she would come out and Prime raised an eyebrow as Vanya walked out with a typewriter.

HALF A YEAR LATER

Prime was sat in the main living room in the house relaxing after returning home from doing some errands for her father. She had been trying to figure out what Vanya had been doing for a few months since after violin practice she always rushed straight home—it had to do something with that typewriter.

"Ms Prime" Prime looked up from her daze and smiled seeing Pogo walk into the room

"Hi Pogo, is everything okay?" He looked sort of distressed and lifted a yellow envelope.

"This came in the mail just now, it's addressed to you, and I also gave one to your father and seems Mr Luther got one as well" She stood up and walked to him as he handed it to her

"Mail? For me? That rarely happens, what's the special occasion?"

"It's from Ms Vanya" Prime gasped ripping the yellow envelope and pulling out a book. Her eyes went wide at the cover that had a young Vanya on the cover of the book.

She turned to the back and let out a dry laugh," So this is what she's been doing?"

"It seems so," Pogo said as he excused himself

Prime walked over to the couch opened the book and saw it signed," Hey P" was all it said and she turned to the first page.

"My name is Vanya Hargreeves, and this is my story

Prime walked over to the bar as she sat in a chair and levitated a bottle of whiskey and poured it in a glass. Thus began her reading of the book not wanting to put it down.

"We were never a real family. We were our father's creation, family in name, but not in fact"

...

A few days later— Prime was sat in the kitchen as Luther walked in seeing the book in her hand, "Can you believe all those things? Did you see the part about Ben?" Prime looked up at Luther walking in all sweaty, evidently back from working out.