chapter eleven

SEVEN YEARS AGO

SEVEN YEARS AGO

"Urgh—I hate being sick" Prime groaned lying in bed as Grace came in to take care of her.

"My dear, do you need anything else to cool you down?" She asked as she reached for her forehead but Prime lifted her hand stopping her.

"Mom, be careful you know how scorching my body gets when I get sick." She frowned nodding as she stepped back. Prime's bed had been modified to be fireproof since Ben's death. Her nightmares started the cause her body to overheat and she had destroyed over twenty beds because of it. Then, whenever she got sick, She'd usually had to be locked up in quarantine, but since the bed modification, She was allowed to now lay in her bed without destroying it.

There was a loud noise of Feedback whining filling the house with its noise. Prime groaned as she felt my head throb from the overpowering feedback," What in the world—

"Attention—Master Luther, Mission Alert, I repeat Mission alert" Pogo's voice sounded. It sounded serious as Prime sat up in bed feeling a wave of nausea fill her head.

"Prime dear, you mustn't—

"I just need to hear what the mission is if it's dangerous, Luther can't go alone" Prime cut off Grace and her mother hesitated as Prime tried to get out of bed.

"Please Mom, he's the only one left here—I can't lose him" Prime begged as Grace moved out of the way.

Prime slowly walked over to her father's study, nearly fainting a couple of times. Fortunately, she was wearing fireproof gloves to avoid burning anything she touched. When she got closer to the office, Prime heard him speaking to Luther.

"There's a biochemical substance, unknown, but dangerous, especially in the wrong hands, As my Number One, I need you to deal with the threat"

Prime rushed in holding herself at the door stub," Wait no!! you can't go alone! That's dangerous!" Prime shouted as Luther turned back

Luther looked at her worried "Prime! You shouldn't be out of bed—

"No Number— Return to your quarters! You are in no shap—

"Fuck off Dad! I'm not letting my brother go alone on that mission! He'll die!"

"Prime I'll be fine, I can handle myself—

"No number! Enough with this!

"But Da—

"Prime, let me go" Prime trembled as she shook her head as he looked at her pleading. He always had a hero complex that would kill him one day.

"I can't! I won't!" Prime's vision blurred as she fought off her nausea and argued stubbornly

"I'm sorry Prime," He said as she looked up but only saw a glimpse of Luther as she fell into darkness.