Chapter 22

Dumbledore's hands tremble, his hold on the parchment failing,  as his old ridden eyes couldn't even focus on the single sentence on the parchment. No.... how is this even possible? He shouldn't be in Slytherin! Someone might have done something to the sorting hat. Dumbledore shook his head, it can't be that since the hat blocks any magic done to it even his own. So then how?  He lays the letter down on his desk eyes staring down and Minerva could only watch while Severus was smiling so big on the inside that he silently wished he could record Dumbledore reaction.

His aunt and uncle death might have something to do with his change, but I can use that to my advantage because he can come to me when he is feeling down. That way I'll make sure he still within my grasp.

"Are you okay, Albus?" Minerva asked from the long silence.

"Oh yes just a little shock that's all," Dumbledore said and Minerva nodded.

"Understandable," Minerva said, I almost thought he would have  a heart attack like those muggles call it from the expressions he made. Maybe now Harry will  have a peaceful school year but we can mostly hope.

Dumbledore shifted his gaze toward Severus and said, "Don't treat him special Severus," Severus rolled his eyes and crosses his arms.

"I don't plan to," Severus said, his answer pleasing Dumbledore who smiles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Corvus, do you have everything for this year?" Narcissa asked to make sure he wasn't forgetting something since she had the experience of Draco somethings leaving out something from the list.

Corvus pulled out a letter that came the next day with the material list for his and Draco's fifth year at Hogwarts.

"Yes, I got most of the stuff with Topaz. I'm only missing the robes with the Slytherin emblem and wand," Corvus said and scanned the letter again to make sure he had everything.

"Let's go get the wand then," Narcissa said.

Topaz follows behind them, Draco opened the door for them Mr. Ollivander pops his head from the back at the sound of the bell ringing.

"Ah curious, how should I address you?" Mr. Ollivander asked staring at Corvus.

"Potter to keep up the appearance," Corvus said and Mr. Ollivander nodded.

"How can I be of serves?" Mr. Ollivander asked.

"I need a new wand because Vernon broke my wand when I was under their roof," Corvus said, hands tighten into fist at his side.

Mr. Ollivander nodded before moving to the back. "Do you use a wand, Topaz?" Draco asked.

She shook her head, "The magic I use is different and I don't think a wand can last long underwater. Along with the fact that I am a magical creature so I have a closer connection to magic," she said.

"Wow, is that even possible for a wizard?" Draco asked with the simple goal of picking Topaz mind since it's not every day that you live with a magical creature. In addition, he is not sure how long Topaz will stay with them so he wants to learn as much as he can.

"Yes, but it might be difficult since wizards/witches are raise focusing on spells only," Topaz said.

Draco was about to ask another question but Mr. Ollivander came back and he was curious to see what wand Corvus gets. 

Mr. Ollivander came back with multiple boxes of wands for Corvus to try, but none worked.

Mr. Ollivander eyes shifted to Topaz an idea coming to him, maybe? Yes it has to work he thought moving to toward Topaz.

"Can I borrow a scale or hair?" Mr. Ollivander asked.