Chapter 41

Severus closed the door and turned his attention to Topaz who was pacing in front of his desk.

"What part exactly bothers you about him?" asked Severus.

Topaz stopped her pacing, she glanced at Severus who arms were crossed over his chest, "Mostly the veela part," Topaz said.

"Your kind have a disagreement with them?" Asked Severus.

Topaz shook her head, "Not all of them but his family more specifically,"

"Why?"

Topaz turned away from him and pressed her lips into a thin line. She closed her eyes for moment almost thinking what she was going to say but she thought better of it. That to Severus disappointment she said, "I'll see you tomorrow," and left his office.

He sighed wanting to know what happened but one thing he was sure about is that finding out what happened will not be easy of just looking it up in a book.

*Slytherin Common Room*

"Royal?" Corvus asked.

"Are you saying that Topaz is some kind of underwater princess?" Pansy asked.

"Oh you mean like the little mermaid," Theodore said.

Blaise nodded.

"How can you be sure that she is royal and that Damian is too?" Draco asked arms crossed as he frowned with some doubt but something in him was telling him that Blaise was right. Especially, when he witness her reading a book that can't survive underwater as far as he is aware.

"Because I attended a ball in Moscow with my mother who's boyfriend was invited where I saw him," Blaise said.

"Hmm, but that doesn't explain how Topaz is a royal," Daphne said with Corvus nodding in agreement.

"Truth but what gives Topaz away is not meeting her at some ball or her wearing a crown but the way she carries herself and her ability to grab the attention of many," Blaise said.

"Well that is true but can't any one do that with practice?" Corvus counter and Blaise shrugged.

"Instead, of sitting here wondering if Topaz is royalty or not," said Pansy, "We should worry about that girl name Cecelia Griffin."

"Maybe is its a coincidence that she has the same last name as Corvus," Theodore said and Draco shook his head, "There is no such thing as coincidence."

*Next Day in Herbology class*

"Today we will be working in pairs," said Professor Sprout. The students chatted excitedly and moved toward the one they wanted to pair up with only for Professor Sprout said, "Pair up with someone a different house." groans echoed throughout the green house.

Corvus gave Draco a pity look as he was paired off with a Hufflepuff girl who had hearts in her eyes from being pair with Draco who looked like he was going to the slaughter house.

"Corvus,"

Corvus jumped at the sudden whisper of his name and turned to his right. Cecelia stood there looking down at him since his Harry Potter disguise made him a foot shorter.

"How...?"

Cecelia looked around and shook her head.

"We will talk later," Cecelia said.

*With Topaz*

Topaz was sitting near the Great lake sighing when the water broke and the giant squid peeked out, black beady eye on Topaz as it approached her.

"Princess," it said.

Topaz lifted her head and said, "Hush, don't call me that when others can hear,"

"I apologize, but I received a message for you from your father," it said.

Topaz gulped, "What did he say?" she asked but she honestly didn't want to know because she left without telling him when she had a duty to fulfill.

"You need to return and your brother will bring you if you want to or not."