Chapter 18

Lucius last words were directed to Headmaster Dumbledore, "Why do you think Harry Potter needs to be resorted?" Rita Skeeter asked, a question in everybody mind, leaning closer for an answer. "To be sure he is in the house he belongs and that will be enough questions for today. So please exit my Manor the same way you entered," Lucius said, his words commanding leaving no room for them to decline. He is glad he was prepared for this since he really doubted Corvus would speak at all. Everyone left except Dumbledore and Minerva, who Lucius had no doubt that she knew what actually was happening. She is a fierce lioness that would protect her cubs from harm under that strict exterior.

Dumbledore walks up to Lucius wearing that loving grandfather look on his face which disgusted Lucius to no end. "Mr. Malfoy, would it be okay if I spoke to Harry?" Dumbledore asked, his eyes glancing at Corvus, whos grip tightened on his pants just thinking that Dumbledore might send him somewhere worse than the Dursley's. Narcissa stood up with an arm around Corvus thin shoulders, "I'm sorry Headmaster, but Harry needs his rest," Narcissa said then she left the room with Corvus.

Dumbledore was about to comment on that, but Minerva stopped him, "Albus stop this can't you see the condition poor Harry is in? He needs rest not answer any questions and even if it pains me I agree that Harry should have a resorting. He went through too much no doubt something is different in him, and the hat will place him where he belongs whenever it's in Gryffindor or any other house," Dumbledore was taken aback by her words and he found it hard to come up with a comeback to her words. Lucius stayed silent watching the exchange happen oh, how exciting it was to see Dumbledore be rendered speechless. He is sure Tom would enjoy hearing about this.

Minerva stared down the headmaster before turning to Mr. Malfoy, "I will personally send an owl with the sorting hat so he can be sorted but I will ask for a letter in return with the results," she said. Lucius nodded, "Yes, I will make sure to let you know," he said.

Lucius could see how Dumbledore has to push down his anger because if he were alone with him. It wouldn't end well, and it would ruin everything, Minerva nodded her approval before excusing herself and Dumbledore who didn't dare utter a word to Lucius. He didn't dare relax still he was sure no outsider were near his home, "Did they leave?" Narcissa asked from near the door. Lucius nodded, "How is Corvus?" watching her face fall before she spoke, "He is a little shaken up but right now he is resting in his room. He wouldn't even let go of something in his hand that Topaz gave him,"

"A shell," Topaz said from behind Narcissa startling her, "Can you make a sound when you walk?" Narcissa asked. Topaz shook her head and looks down at her bare feet, "I have not made it to shoe or whatever goes down there is called level," Topaz said.

I have a lot of work cut out for me when it comes to her. Narcissa thought, "Corvus seemed a shaky did someone he knows came?" Topaz asked. Lucius nodded, "Dumbledore. He's the one who left Corvus with the Dursley's," he said, keeping a close eye on Topaz whose hands tighten at her side he glanced at his wife who saw it too. She placed a hand on Topaz shoulder, "Come with me Topaz, why don't we go see Corvus so we can tell you things about our world," Narcissa said as a way to get her mind on something else. Lucius watches them leave before he made his way to his study to write a letter to Severus and ask him to be present when the sorting of Corvus takes place.

*Corvus room*

Draco knocked on Corvus door but didn't receive an answer after a few seconds so he said, "Corvus, I'm coming in," Draco entered the room to find Corvus sitting on the edge of the bed staring intensive down at the white, cone shell in his hand.

"Corvus?"

Corvus blinks and looks up, "Oh sorry, Draco. I didn't hear you knocking." "What's on your mind?" Draco asked, taking a seat next to him, did something bad happened in the press conference?

"I am just thinking how things will go from now on and if things will change with my friends at Hogwarts. Along if there is any Griffin relative still alive," Corvus twirls the shell in his hand, "and if everything goes down hill maybe I can ask Topaz to take me to her home." Draco frowned and lay an arm around Corvus shoulders, "Don't think that everything is going to end up going wrong. Instead, lets tackle it one thing at a time, alright?" Corvus looks at Draco and smiled, "Your right and thank you." Draco gives his shoulder a squeeze, "No problem, and I don't think you would like being underwater where you can't fly,"

Corvus laughs, "So true," he said.